Waitlist HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

corona 247

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that I have been waitlisted at DMU!! While I still view this as good news, (I was not rejected), I wanted to ask all of you what things I can do to improve my chances of being placed high on the rank list.

Do you think a letter of Interest to the Dean would help? To the Admissions Committee? Any opinions of what things I should say in the letter?

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thank you so much!
 
corona 247 said:
I just found out that I have been waitlisted at DMU!! While I still view this as good news, (I was not rejected), I wanted to ask all of you what things I can do to improve my chances of being placed high on the rank list.

Do you think a letter of Interest to the Dean would help? To the Admissions Committee? Any opinions of what things I should say in the letter?

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thank you so much!
Letters of intent is one piece of usual advice. 🙂

And I just received that letter. We must have been in the same interview group. 😉
 
I would second the letter of intent. Also find a way to update your file with grades, activities, and shadowng stuff. Some applicants try to send extra recommendation letters
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Send the letter. I'd also suggest that u call them and let them know that this is your #1 school.
 
74th in the first quartile????

so there is at least 300 waitlisted???? DAMN....
 
Robz said:
74th in the first quartile????

so there is at least 300 waitlisted???? DAMN....
Uhh...sorry. What I should have said is that there are 74 ppl on the list and I'm in the 1st quartile of those.

Anyone know if there's much W/L movement @ DMU? I keep getting conflicting answers...

TIA