Walgreens or PharMerica

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmdoc2012

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am currently working at Walgreens! I have a great crew and our store is very organize! But, I am tired of the long drive from home. Gas prices are sky rocking! I am thinking about either working at PharMerica which is still about the same distance but pays more, just transfering to another Walgreens that is closer to my house, or just stay at my store which takes me 50 minutes to get to work depending on the interstate when I leave my house until school start! Any advice?
 
Hi, I am currently working at Walgreens! I have a great crew and our store is very organize! But, I am tired of the long drive from home. Gas prices are sky rocking! I am thinking about either working at PharMerica which is still about the same distance but pays more, just transfering to another Walgreens that is closer to my house, or just stay at my store which takes me 50 minutes to get to work depending on the interstate when I leave my house until school start! Any advice?

try other walgreens store for a few days, see if you like it there. It's easier to stay with the company you understand then start from scratch.
 
Do you know that Walgreens give you some scholarships if you are current employee and I think they reimburse prepharmacy tuition once you get accepted to pharmacy.