WAMC- 2x Applicant w masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cowsrcool

Reaction score
Posting for my friend without SDN:
2nd time applicant 25F non trad w thesis masters as of may 2024.
Science GPA 3.62
Cum GPA 3.68
Last 45 3.95
Oos applicant everywhere. Doesn’t meet all requirements for in state school.
3000 vet hours at small animal clinic, large animal clinic assistant + ride along w bovine special vet, and assistant with shelter vet
6-7k animal experience hours spread across every category domestic, livestock (cattle, goat, pig), equine (very minimal ), and exotic (also minimal)
Employment outside of vetmed is like 5k as I worked as a bartender part time for many years
Dream school WSU but knows chances are abysmally low. Finished applications to Oregon, tufts, UF, LSU, Wisconsin, and Mizzou.
Any advice is welcome :) first application cycle was a bust bc I truly didn’t understand the VMCAS process and how to navigate making my application the best it could be. Left off a lot of experiences and things I deemed “unimportant” but now realize would have made me look well rounded and confident:/

Members don't see this ad.

I had similar stats to you and I was rejected from LSU and Wisco. You have some really gpa heavy schools on your list and your GPA is average (not a bad thing). What about more holistic schools like Minnesota, tOSU, LMU, Michigan, Virginia Maryland?

I had similar stats to you and I was rejected from LSU and Wisco. You have some really gpa heavy schools on your list and your GPA is average (not a bad thing). What about more holistic schools like Minnesota, tOSU, LMU, Michigan, Virginia Maryland?
She has since added Minnesota and Virginia! Did you end up getting in anywhere ? Thx for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Posting for my friend without SDN:
2nd time applicant 25F non trad w thesis masters as of may 2024.
Science GPA 3.62
Cum GPA 3.68
Last 45 3.95
Oos applicant everywhere. Doesn’t meet all requirements for in state school.
3000 vet hours at small animal clinic, large animal clinic assistant + ride along w bovine special vet, and assistant with shelter vet
6-7k animal experience hours spread across every category domestic, livestock (cattle, goat, pig), equine (very minimal ), and exotic (also minimal)
Employment outside of vetmed is like 5k as I worked as a bartender part time for many years
Dream school WSU but knows chances are abysmally low. Finished applications to Oregon, tufts, UF, LSU, Wisconsin, and Mizzou.
Any advice is welcome :) first application cycle was a bust bc I truly didn’t understand the VMCAS process and how to navigate making my application the best it could be. Left off a lot of experiences and things I deemed “unimportant” but now realize would have made me look well rounded and confident:/
What would it take for her to qualify for her IS?

She has since added Minnesota and Virginia! Did you end up getting in anywhere ? Thx for the response!
Yes. I’m a second year at tOSU. I was also accepted to Auburn (in state), Minnesota, Tufts, and Purdue