This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CRISPRi

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For OIE/Disadvantaged: mention that you spent a significant amount of your time in Sweden before coming to the United States. I'm going to guess it sets up the conflict with family.

How much networking have you done with student chapter leaders at the schools you wish to attend: AMSA or SNMA specifically?

I'm worried that your non-clinical volunteering is a little light given the heavy weight on your athletic and research activities. Fundraising doesn't fulfill service orientation either. You might be okay, but I worry if some faculty think it's enough.

For OIE/Disadvantaged: mention that you spent a significant amount of your time in Sweden before coming to the United States. I'm going to guess it sets up the conflict with family.
I began with that yes. Would you suggest on the part of the application on where it says "where did you spend the majority of your childhood" to put Sweden or where I'm from in PA? I practically split the time evenly (9 years in Sweden, 9 here) and am from a medically underserved part of the US. Was unsure which would fit the narrative better.
How much networking have you done with student chapter leaders at the schools you wish to attend: AMSA or SNMA specifically?'
Zero as I didn't know those organizations existed. I've networked with physicians and adcoms at some schools I've met through research, friends, and family but that's it. Would you recommend making a connection now, given how close it is to submission time?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth Geisinger
Pittsburgh
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Charles Drew
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Miami
Emory
Tulane
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Indiana
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
ACOM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
CCOM
WVSOM

Would you suggest on the part of the application on where it says "where did you spend the majority of your childhood" to put Sweden or where I'm from in PA? I practically split the time evenly (9 years in Sweden, 9 here) and am from a medically underserved part of the US. Was unsure which would fit the narrative better.
Just be honest. I'm not sure how each program will interpret this information as you present it.