This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed593049

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MD/PhD is unlikely with your GPAs. Apply broadly to both MD and DO schools. I suggest these MD schools:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
For DO schools l suggest these:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
UNECOM
PCOM
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Faha! Do you think my 120 hours of clinical experience (50 volunteering, 70 shadowing) will be enough?

I talked to my premed advisor last year, and she advised that I needed more clinical hours. I took a year off to get more experience but unfortunately COVID has been ravaging NYC all year.

I'm also considering doing a 1 year DIY post-bac, which will hopefully bring my cGPA up to a 3.5. I'm not sure if that'll be worth the ~20k

Members don't see this ad :)
You need 100+ more hours of clinical volunteering. A DIY post bacc would help your chances at MD schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Faha! Do you think my 120 hours of clinical experience (50 volunteering, 70 shadowing) will be enough?

I talked to my premed advisor last year, and she advised that I needed more clinical hours. I took a year off to get more experience but unfortunately COVID has been ravaging NYC all year.

I'm also considering doing a 1 year DIY post-bac, which will hopefully bring my cGPA up to a 3.5. I'm not sure if that'll be worth the ~20k
I say get your hours of clinical experience as soon as you can before you think about applying since you couldn't get anything over the pandemic year. What did you do in the meantime?

I say get your hours of clinical experience as soon as you can before you think about applying since you couldn't get anything over the pandemic year. What did you do in the meantime?
I've been working full-time at my research job. On the weekends, I volunteer at a nearby soup kitchen, so I'll probably have around 200 hours by June.
My main concern is that I took the MCAT in 2019, so it'll be my last cycle before the score expires for a lot of schools.

I'm not sure if I can get a 519+ again but I also don't want to waste ~5k and be a reapplicant if my app is DOA. Kind of in a tricky spot currently.

Oof, don't let that 519 expire. Do whatever you can to pump up your clinical hours before submission time, you have a couple of months.