WAMC- DO school list if even possible applying this cycle-any adv would be appreciated

Started by deleted1130726
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1130726

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I was preparing to apply this cycle until I realized that my MCAT score that I just got isn't as good(485) as I wanted it to be(505)!
Do you know if it is even possible applying with this score, feeling really discouraged and lost on what to do!
I have approx 2 years and a half of clinical research experience- abstract publication
Various volunteer activities- medical and non-medical (community-based ones) approx 1500 hrs
clinical experience- approx 1700 hrs
MCAT 485
cGPA 3.4 -3.2ish sGPA
Race: URM
State: NY, but looking for any school possible across the US!
Any hope for this cycle- if so what schools do you recommend? Looking for DO schools at this moment!
Thanks,
@Faha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Middle eastern background, Arabic fluently as well! looking for any hope this cycle!
You definitely should not apply with a MCAT of 485. Your chances for a DO acceptance are less than 1%. You need to retake the MCAT but do not retake until your practice scores are consistently over 500. Also, Middle Eastern are not considered URM for medical school admissions.