This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puertoricanpremed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What other states has your wife been accepted to law school ? Where is California is the law school ?
She’s been accepted in Illinois, NY, New Jersey, AZ, Washington, DC, Florida, and Iowa so far, the law school is in Irvine

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to your wife. By when does she have to decide where to attend law school?
Thank you! We’re very excited to go back to school and pursue our dreams now that we have the means to do so, she has until December of this year to commit as we’re stuck in a lease and deferring until next year

She’s been accepted in Illinois, NY, New Jersey, AZ, Washington, DC, Florida, and Iowa so far, the law school is in Irvine
i suggest these schools based on where your wife could potentially attend law schools:
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
UCLA
USC Keck
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Kaiser
California University
Hackensack
Einstein
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
Georgetown
George Washington
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Iowa
Miami
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
There may be one or two new MD schools opening in California in the coming year.

Reactions: 1 user
i suggest these schools based on where your wife could potentially attend law schools:
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
UCLA
USC Keck
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Kaiser
California University
Hackensack
Einstein
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
Georgetown
George Washington
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Iowa
Miami
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
There may be one or two new MD schools opening in California in the coming year.
Thank you so much! Would you recommend applying to some DO as well or is MD a safe bet in my case?

The best way is to apply reverse, since med admissions are more difficult and random
. If you want to stick together, it’s probably best that she apply again the cycle after you’re accepted.

If she definitely wants to be in California then also apply to WESTERN DO.
Thank you so much! I also had university of Washington, UCR, Howard, Carle, and UCI ready on AMCAS and added the ones you suggested, do you think any of these are reasonable or should they be removed? Thank you again! :)

Gotcha! I’m assuming UCI and UCR and pretty much the same?
Yes. You might have some luck at UCI though. But UCR wants students from the IE. If you lived there in the past, that could help.

Carle has an engineering focus, so if you don’t have that background, might better to remove it.

Thank you so much! I also had university of Washington, UCR, Howard, Carle, and UCI ready on AMCAS and added the ones you suggested, do you think any of these are reasonable or should they be removed? Thank you again! :)
Howard has a strong preference for African American applicants or those with service to that community. U Washington admits less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. Carle is looking for applicants with an engineering background.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.