This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted994703

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had similar academic stats as you. I won't apply to UNLV, Western, NYU, USC, Midwestern-IL, Tufts, AT Still. (all are crazy expensive and I would never have applied to schools like these again). I would definitely apply to your in state public schools, you don't have anything to lose

Since you have a upward trend in gpa and you are putting the money and time into a masters, I would focus the schools that are less expensive and would work hard on scoring a 21+ on the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
the DAT can definitely help you, I won't apply to more than 10 schools aside from the one you applied through the waiver

Members don't see this ad :)
You must apply asap if you want to stand a chance this cycle. Borrow $, take out a credit card, etc, do what you have to do to apply early and give yourself a healthy shot this cycle. People with your stats I typically recommend 14-15 schools. USC, Midwestern-IL&AZ, AT STILL Az& Missouri, NYU, UNLV seem like good selections. Some of these are expensive, but given your stats, these are your best bets imo. Touro might be okay, not sure if they are oos friendly to west coast residents. The rest weren’t oos friendly to west coast residents when I applied. On top of the good selections, I suggest choosing 3 or 4 more additional schools basing your selections on whether they are oos friendly to residents from CA (you can find this info in the adea guide/explorer to dental schools). Do not apply to tufts and BU, they do not take cc credits. And yes, ucla, ucsf, uop would be an uphill battle given your stats.

Last edited:
yes im using the loans im getting from my master program to help pay. Im planning on taking my DAT aug. 22, I already submitted my application, do you think that will be late for this cycle due to covid? My CC credits are just extra classes I took to raise my gpa all my prereqs are from a 4 year institution should i still not apply to tufts or bu? Any other schools you recommend I add? I appreciate your help!
Send BU/tufts an email about cc credits, and specify that it wasn’t prereqs and see if they take any cc credits at all. They used to be strict about this. That puts you behind some but doesn’t take you out of the game. Since you're applying later you might also remove mwu-az since they interview very early. I told you download the adea guide/explorer and look at how many residents each school took from CA last year, it will open your eyes to the oos schools you should apply for and the ones you should avoid.