Mar 28, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all! I'm having some trouble finalizing my school list and I'd love some suggestions/feedback!
  1. cGPA: 3.81; sGPA: 3.71 (Graduated June 2020)
  2. MCAT: 520 (132/128/128/132)
  3. State of residence: Washington
  4. Race: White
  5. Undergraduate institution: Public (T20 for public universities)
  6. Clinical experience: 330 hours hospital volunteering (across 3 years until covid); ~100 hours volunteering with patients/families undergoing long term care at children's hospital (not 100% sure if this is considered clinical?)
  7. Research experience and productivity: 600 hours undergrad lab (where I did my undergraduate thesis; no pubs); currently 1300 hours as research associate during gap year job
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 80 hours total (cardiology, pulmonology, neurology, OBGYN/oncology)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 150 hours girl scout camp leader; 100 hours engineering outreach with elementary/middle/high schoolers
  10. Other extracurricular activities: 300 hours as a TA for engineering courses; 600 hours working in customer service
  11. Hobbies/other: Music! Many hours playing piano, ukulele, singing -- currently teaching two of my family members how to play ukulele:)
Current thoughts about school list: (feels far too top heavy and ambitious, please help!!)
  • University of Washington
  • Washington State University
  • Einstein
  • Albany
  • Carle Illinois
  • Hofstra
  • Quinnipiac
  • Dartmouth
  • Mount Sinai
  • Kaiser
  • USC
  • Mayo
  • NYU (Grossman and LI)
  • Northwestern
  • Stony Brook
  • Stanford
  • University of Arizona Tucson
  • UCLA
  • UCSD
  • UCSF
  • University of Colorado
  • Virginia Tech
  • Rosalind Franklin

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You could remove schools such as Rosalind Franklin and Albany since they will "yield protect". You could add any of these schools:
Tufts
Brown
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Washington University
Western Michigan
U Michigan
U Virginia

Reactions: 1 user

Banco

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You have a very strong application. I think Faha has given you good suggestions of schools to add. In addition to those, Emory, BU, Chicago, Cornell are good options.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.