Week left before pcat!

Started by kriska83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kriska83

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a week left before pcat! Im going to school full time and the hardrst class is orgo 2 which requires everyday studying! Would you people reccomend to ignore pcat and study for orgo 2 or otherwise? I already went through whole Dr.Collins except reading section and practice exams except the study guide! Need advise!
 
i reviewed chem 3 times already to get 99 and im bogged down tired but i know ill get 99 chem. still have bio to study and math. i kinda dont know how to do it all prioritizing

i cant get too tired or else test day im -_- i feel like that now
 
i reviewed chem 3 times already to get 99 and im bogged down tired but i know ill get 99 chem. still have bio to study and math. i kinda dont know how to do it all prioritizing

i cant get too tired or else test day im -_- i feel like that now
I feel I cant go through Dr Collins anymore, I feel sick from it :-( So ready for pcat to be over!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yo bro lets give advice each other. my brain is sore from chem practice. i'm on my fourth attempt on the chemistry prac questions, test 4 but I cant finish it. im gonna stop and move on to other subjects. im not gonna finish it cause I need to get a 50 rather than a 0 in math with 90-99 chem.

but yr a new Yorker, new Yorker has the brains and brawns to TACKLE ANYTHING!!! we are top dawgs. don't get discouraged but get rested when u get tired, I just walked for 30 mins and got better. don't review all the study guide too closely bro, the chem quest more imp
 
are u able to do around 3 chem prac tests at most/ day? I cant do anymore than that. one was my top originally. before it took me 3-4 days to do 1 chem test
 
Thanks for encouragement bro! I usually do 2 chem, 1 -2 bio, and 1 math daily! I had one power week before my classes started when I've spend 10 hours/daily just on Dr.Collins! I went through chem once alredy and now on my 8th test second round! I didnt do reading yet and essays, I just dont have time with orgo 2 and other classes! I already feel like whatever, pcat,
 
oh crap im trying to catch both-test and pcat! I have test Friday in orgo 2. Im bad in math I wen through it twice and still make like 10 mistakes sometimes morr
 
I haven't even gotten through 1/4 of the study guide for the Dr. Collins Chemistry study guide yet, and I'm also taking the PCAT on Feb. 11th. I really have to speed-up my studying! The only other Dr. Collins section I've studied so far is Dr. Collins Biology....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you guys not seen my thread? I'm pretty sure I outlined exactly what to expect if on the PCAT after studying Collins myself. I also did it in two weeks because I was taking a full course load in college at the same time. Somethings got to give. I had so many practicals and exams, that nearing the two weeks left, I decided to focus more on PCAT and less on one or two of the exams.
 
Your grades > PCAT. You can take PCAT more than once.

On another note, I thought orgo2 was easier than orgo 1. Just aromatic rings all day and you learn electron donating/electron withdrawing and how they relate to ortho/para/meta substitution.
 
Your grades > PCAT. You can take PCAT more than once.

On another note, I thought orgo2 was easier than orgo 1. Just aromatic rings all day and you learn electron donating/electron withdrawing and how they relate to ortho/para/meta substitution.
agree, grades are more important. My professor is having quizzes every Friday so you like have to be constantly prepared! Im already planning to fail next week quiz that willbe next day after my pcat. Need to pass rxns of alcohols, ethers epoxides lol
 
How do you people motivate themselfs several days before pcat? Im on my second round half way through dr colling and found it so hard make myself do it over and over again :-(
 
Guys, study collins chem section (it's MUST)!! I got 97 % just off that. Most questions came from his practice test.
I didn't find his bio section so helpful , i heard people saying kaplan bio section is good???
Collins math was super easy and real PCAT math was hard ( i felt that way)..
English sections were hard compare to his guides, there is no way around this than to practice and also depends on how good your vocabs are..
Feel free to PM me if you have any question..BTW i just took Jan Pcat... Good luck!!
 
Guys, study collins chem section (it's MUST)!! I got 97 % just off that. Most questions came from his practice test.
I didn't find his bio section so helpful , i heard people saying kaplan bio section is good???
Collins math was super easy and real PCAT math was hard ( i felt that way)..
English sections were hard compare to his guides, there is no way around this than to practice and also depends on how good your vocabs are..
Feel free to PM me if you have any question..BTW i just took Jan Pcat... Good luck!!

How did you do on the bio section of the PCAT? Did you study anything other than Collins for bio?
 
How did you do on the bio section of the PCAT? Did you study anything other than Collins for bio?
i got 70..i wish used to something else.. while taking collins practice test i felt pretty good, but my PCAT was different story. i am still bummed about my bio score because i thought i did well in it...
 
i got 70..i wish used to something else.. while taking collins practice test i felt pretty good, but my PCAT was different story. i am still bummed about my bio score because i thought i did well in it...

So did the real PCAT bio section just test on lots of concepts that weren't covered in Collins? I guess I'll be studying Kaplan as well.....
 
see somebody wrote this :
CV621 Only studied Collins got a 96. If you're not studying with Collins for the PCAT you're only handicapping yourself. Yes, the bio questions are that simple on the exam as well. Only thing that will throw you off, are the reading passages. You literally could see 5-10 questions from Collins word for word on the actual PCAT for every given section, minus reading comprehension. Reading comprehension is hell.
What should I think now ( biting my nails) :-(
 
see somebody wrote this :
CV621 Only studied Collins got a 96. If you're not studying with Collins for the PCAT you're only handicapping yourself. Yes, the bio questions are that simple on the exam as well. Only thing that will throw you off, are the reading passages. You literally could see 5-10 questions from Collins word for word on the actual PCAT for every given section, minus reading comprehension. Reading comprehension is hell.
What should I think now ( biting my nails) :-(

Yeah, I saw that too. I guess I will skim over Kaplan's bio section if I have time, but I still haven't finished studying Collins' inorganic chemistry section and then I have to do math and organic chemistry after that, so I don't think I'll have time.....
 
Yeah, I saw that too. I guess I will skim over Kaplan's bio section if I have time, but I still haven't finished studying Collins' inorganic chemistry section and then I have to do math and organic chemistry after that, so I don't think I'll have time.....
yea there is not muh time left to study all over the place.. My motivation is leaving me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omg I dont know now... Many people said that his bio section is very similar :-(
it just depends, for me i felt that my bio went just fine turned out
So did the real PCAT bio section just test on lots of concepts that weren't covered in Collins? I guess I'll be studying Kaplan as well.....

they werent covered in detail.. Every test is different so some people had same question from collins and for some it wasnt the case
 
it just depends, for me i felt that my bio went just fine turned out


they werent covered in detail.. Every test is different so some people had same question from collins and for some it wasnt the case

yes except half verbal and reading. i dont think i will do reading though.Whatever i will get on it

How long does it take to get through the organic chemistry packet from Dr. Collins? I only have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights to study!!
 
How long does it take to get through the organic chemistry packet from Dr. Collins? I only have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights to study!!
Rrrr I didnt go through the study guide! Do as many exams as you can! Try to go through most of them. You can do 4 exams- daily plus couple exams bio and one math
 
How long does it take to get through the organic chemistry packet from Dr. Collins? I only have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights to study!!

depends on when did you take ochem and how good you know the stuff.. It isn't that bad again depends on your command on that subject
 
Yeah, it's been almost 8 years since I took organic chemistry.... it's not gonna be fun, LOL
Can i ask you something if you dont mind.. i read your post about moving to pharmacy from PA school... Why is that??? Can we switch spots ???lol you take my pharm school interview and i will take your spot in PA school haha
 
Rrrr I didnt go through the study guide! Do as many exams as you can! Try to go through most of them. You can do 4 exams- daily plus couple exams bio and one math
You can do exams lot quicker if you know the stuff...but i read that you are going school full time , it must be killer.. i did that, i feel ya pain.
 
Can i ask you something if you dont mind.. i read your post about moving to pharmacy from PA school... Why is that??? Can we switch spots ???lol you take my pharm school interview and i will take your spot in PA school haha

Sure, I was actually a student in an anesthesiology PA program (I.e., PA anesthetist), but I failed a lab course and got kicked out. 🙁 I would have to start the whole program over from the first semester if I want to continue with that program, but I think pharmacy is a better fit for me. Just curious, why do you want to go to PA school instead of pharmacy school?
 
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/helpful-tips-for-pcat-that-i-found-useful.1170171/

This will probably be the last time I answer any of these February 2016 PCAT forums, but I cannot stress enough how important repetition is. I started by reading and filling out all 3 chem study packets only "one" time .For all the chem test for Collins I did all 17 at least once(timed myself and checked it), then went over a second time doing only the ones i missed and rechecked myself. For bio, which for me was so much easier to get through than the Collins Chem, I was able to do each test at least twice. In between each few bio tests, I would open the bio study guide and take the 15-20 minutes required to read through the whole thing .For quant I was only able to go through each test once timed. Honestly, there were sometimes on the quant where I finished 5-10 minutes earlier and others where I zoned out and ended up hitting my time limit. After grading myself, I then went and redid all the problems I got wrong (obviously after you check the answer key and see how they do the question, remember it's all about repetition. That is the key to learning all this in such a short time frame.) For verbal, I literally just read over the packet(study packets) like 5 times just to make as many words stick as possible. I was also able to do all the verbal tests at least twice. For reading comprehension, I did two tests and found I was missing only like 1 or 2 each time. I did my research and found out Collins did not prepare you for reading comp, so at that point I stopped using Collins and prayed to God that my reading level was at the equivalent of a college student.

My final tip that all of you need to take is this: Get off studentdoctornetwork and go study! Seriously, so many of you are wasting time on this forum waiting for someone to give you the "secret tips" to scoring amazingly on the pcat that you're literally wasting so much time reading forum posts, when you could be reading over Collins study guide or completing a collins test packet. I firmly believe that Collins is the only study material you need to do well on this exam, but if you do have kaplan, crack the pcat, or the pearson tests, your score will be better(IF YOU STUDY!).
 
Sure, I was actually a student in an anesthesiology PA program (I.e., PA anesthetist), but I failed a lab course and got kicked out. 🙁 I would have to start the whole program over from the first semester if I want to continue with that program, but I think pharmacy is a better fit for me. Just curious, why do you want to go to PA school instead of pharmacy school?
pm'ed you...