Western Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeepSouthPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone familiar with Western Carolina's program? Is it a good program, etc. I just saw they are transitioning from the MPT to DPT starting next fall, so I'm starting to consider sending in an application.
 
FlsurferDPT- Thanks for the info, I'm also interested in Western Carolina's program. The only thing that is keeping me from applying is that their PTCAS page says they accepted 4 (12.5%) out of state students last year (it said the same thing for the 2010 cycle). My stats are not competitive enough to compete for 4 spots.
Do you know if they give preference to NC residents? Is this number accurate?
They're average GPA also says 3.6..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it sounds like a great school! Does it help to apply early? The deadline is Feb 1st, and it's not rolling admissions so I should be okay if I add it to my app in say..December - right?
Just trying to spread out payments haha I'm in between jobs
 
Hey FLsurferDPT, thanks for all the info on the program. It sounds great! I will probably put an application into the program in the next month or two.