what are specific residency programs like

Started by qwe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwe

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I'll be applying for neurosurgery residency next year. I've spoken with a few neurosurgery residents, who gave me great insight on what their programs are like--culture of the department, happiness of residents, and other very important characteristics to consider beyong reputation of the programs. For example, one University of Michigan resident told me about the supportive relationship between attendings and residents and among residents which contributes to a group of happy residents there. I'm wondering if there are residents who can give me their perspectives on their residency programs. How would you describe your program? Are you happy where you are? Are there programs that are particularly malignant? Any information you can give me would be helpful as I begin to think about places to do away subI's.