What is Cornell Like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlistexWorks

Sophomore Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to several schools but finally got the opportunity to visit Cornell last week. In all honesty I fell in love with the school and felt very comfortable there. However, there are a few reservations I have about the school. First, I know that their program is totally different from any other. I have heard from more than one person that you will be "on your own" at Cornell and to be ready for mostly independent study. Also, I have not seen statistics but others have said that the students do not do so well on the NAVLE exams as a result of their altered teaching style.

I was very impressed with the facilities and the advisors/faculty seemed very nice and caring. I did not get a chance to talk to any students besides the tour guide, however. Would anyone recommend the Cornell experience above other schools? I am deciding between Cornell, UF, Mizzou, CSU, and Purdue.