What 'other' non-pharmacy...

Started by parjn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

parjn

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I was wondering what 'other' non-pharmacy type jobs someone with a PharmD could get hired in? For example, could someone with a PharmD get a job at a restaurant or start up a new business. Or get a job doing accounting or something?

If they got a degree or something in addition to their PharmD, what would give them the most prospects without taking into account massive debt😕? I'm just curious what would be said, because I'm sure there's more than things previously mentioned.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I was wondering what 'other' non-pharmacy type jobs someone with a PharmD could get hired in? For example, could someone with a PharmD get a job at a restaurant or start up a new business. Or get a job doing accounting or something?

If they got a degree or something in addition to their PharmD, what would give them the most prospects without taking into account massive debt😕? I'm just curious what would be said, because I'm sure there's more than things previously mentioned.

What does a PharmD have to do with working at a restaurant or starting a business?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pharmacy is already a very broad profession. Today, pharmacists don't just count pills and verify prescriptions. You can work in different settings like:
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Health Insurances
- Academia
- Research
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Consultant Pharmacist
- Clinical Pharmacy (often requires residency)
 
I know one pharmacist who is currently trying to go the clinical route, but she mentions that she never knew about the residency options before and would have rather just do a degree in medicine than.
 
Nice I saw some good variety answers. Working in a restaurant isn't related to a PharmD, but the question I asked was basically what non-pharmacy related stuff could you do if you happen to have a PharmD but aren't going to use it.