Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Dear all,
I could really use some help with this. I have read multiple threads that studying for Step 1 USMLE will help prepare you for COMLEX. However I heard a lot about how poorly written the questions are. For those of you who had scored high on COMLEX what resources did you use? What differences did you see between the two exams? What practice exams did you take?
What is the best indicator/assessment for doing well on it?

Detailed explanations would help me immensely as well as suggested board prep materials. Please help!

thank you

Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
@Sardonix I understand that SDN is full of toxicity and trolls. Please be respectful. Its not that I haven't done my research or too lazy too I have my reasons for posting this. If you can't help please don't post unneeded shade and rude remarks.

Sardonix

10+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
@Sardonix I understand that SDN is full of toxicity and trolls. Please be respectful. Its not that I haven't done my research or too lazy too I have my reasons for posting this. If you can't help please don't post unneeded shade and rude remarks.

I'm all for pointing out and deriding the intermittently toxic or overly neurotic nature of SDN. But you need to get a thicker skin because my answer was hardly toxic or rude. Speaking from personal experience, when I've asked an attending a question they believe I should know the answer to, they tell me so or they tell me to look it up.

I am no attending, but you asked a handful of specific and in depth questions and literally asked for detailed explanations when there is not only a separate forum dedicated to these topics, but also they have been answered hundreds if not thousands of times:

Otherwise, the only thing people are gonna say here is go with a combination of Uworld, First Aid, Pathoma, Sketchy (UFAPS) with maybe whatever COMLEX specific question bank your school provides.

Now go forth and explore and conquer.

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 9 users
About the Ads

allin1211

7+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Same thing as prepping for USMLE, but add the "green book" for OMM and watch this youtube video . You can also get COMQUEST - i felt like this mirrored the tests the best (the stems are ridiculously long in the real thing with unnecessary information 95% of the time)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
A

AnatomyGrey12

There is literally an entire sub-forum dedicated to these tests directly below this one, as linked above. It makes me seriously doubt how in depth your "research" was if you didn't even bother to glance there.

Edit: never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm all for pointing out and deriding the intermittently toxic or overly neurotic nature of SDN. But you need to get a thicker skin because my answer was hardly toxic or rude. Speaking from personal experience, when I've asked an attending a question they believe I should know the answer to, they tell me so or they tell me to look it up.

Instead of me getting a "thicker skin" lets have a different response. Why dont you try to be a bit more kinder and empathetic with your responses? What dont you try to formulate responses so people dont HAVE to get a thicker skin. Your response was rude and not necessary. I'll stand by that. And if we were to have a conversation in person I will not hesitate to tell you this in person. Sorry not sorry. This behavior has been going long enough. Someone has to stand up and say this is not ok.

I am no attending, but you asked a handful of specific and in depth questions and literally asked for detailed explanations when there is not only a separate forum dedicated to these topics, but also they have been answered hundreds if not thousands of times:

I'll say it again I have my own reasons for asking again. I do not need to explain this to you. Nor do i need to validate that I did my research. Believe me or dont believe me. I won't waste my time proving it.

Otherwise, the only thing people are gonna say here is go with a combination of Uworld, First Aid, Pathoma, Sketchy (UFAPS) with maybe whatever COMLEX specific question bank your school provides.

thanks.
Now go forth and explore and conquer.

BTW: This forum was created to help answer people's questions in an anonymous manner. If you can't be nice than stay silent. im sure YOUR attending/school would have told you about bedside manner. try starting with the internet. By the way-SDN has been around long enough that technically most issues/questions have been answered. Does that mean we all need to shut up and not ask if we want more opinions and different help? i dont think so. Ill say it again. if YOU think its unnecessary than just stay silent and dont reply. You have the right to that by the way.

It hasn't escaped my attention that previous posts that other people made also technically could have been answered using the "search" function and google. Why call out someone for some posts and not others?

Let's do a better job of sticking to the point of the forum.
Being free to answer/ask questions and get info you need to in a respectful and helpful manner.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
UFAPS + Savarese/YouTube video linked above. It really isn't overly complicated.

It's not really overly complicated to help someone out when a person asks for it. But thank you for snarky answers it was helpful sincerely.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
"Lmao. Ok bro.
Then excuse us if we don’t waste our time answering questions that can easily be searched."

Im a girl. Clearly. I also said dont bother replying if you find it unnecessary since that is your right. thanks for agreeing with my point! Much appreciated. You just wasted your time trying to make stupid hurtful comments by the way. This could have gone way better if you JUST provided helpful guidance..... BRO. Excuse me for pointing THAT out.

Last edited:

OverlyRomantic

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This Thread:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
@Sardonix this honestly is pathetic. by the way- its called sarcasm @camoixu . how thick are you that you didn't catch that? and on top of not catching onto that- you made a post thinking your being smart. you just played yourself ;(

Congrats you people your awesome for ganging up? Ill be a good doctor because i refuse to stoop to this level. This is genuinely pathetic. But since you want to have the last word ill let you have it.
You dont argue with foolish people. Youll just get in the mud with them. So congrats you won :) happy? I wont be replying anymore. this actually horrible. what kind of doctors are you planning on being? But ill take that thank you tho even tho @Sardonix you're being horrible.
If you derive pleasure from this behavior i mean its say a lot more about you..... so what your wanting to make me a have a horrible time in medical school? is that what you want? think about what that says. And you just laughing at it too. Wow. you're just proving my point.

Look im seeing a very BIG difference between the people who are posting **** on here and people who are privately messaging me.

Its obvious people who dont like this kind of stuff are preferring to help privately. and people who like to troll on sdn do **** like this instead.

Im asking everyone whose posting this stuff and me too. lets stop from now and let's take a big breath. this wasn't the intention and going around acting like this isnt helping anyone. this is just proving SDN is toxic. be better than this.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Please remain courteous to those asking questions despite how you may feel about it. This thread is closed from further replies.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.