General What should I do about uncooperative school?

Started by GoSpursGo
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I’ve been wanting to change my advisor and the dean initially told me it shouldn’t be a problem back in January and then in February her secretary tells me that the dean doesn’t want to change my advisor at this time. When I ask why, the secretary and the dean both ignore my emails. The student handbook says that students can change their advisors for any reason and in the past I had no issue changing advisors but we now have a new dean.

What should I do at this point if I don’t feel comfortable with my current advisor and the dean is uncooperative?
Why don’t you try calling them? Seems quite odd.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.