General What should I do if I took prerequisite courses without lab component?

Started by lord999
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I was just wondering if I have taken prerequisite courses for graduate school, however, I have not taken the lab component, would I have to retake the course with the lab in order to be considered? Is there any possible chance that some schools will look past that if I take an upper level year similar to that course with lab? For instance, I have taken microbiology without lab, but I have changed my career paths and realized some schools I was planning to apply to require microbiology with lab.

Thanks.
Depends on the graduate school and major. If you missed the labs and are going for Pre-Dental, that might be a problem depending on the school.
 
At the schools I applied to (medical schools), if I took a lecture (chemistry for example) and didn't take the lab component, you can take the lab component separately and it would count for the prereq. They just wanted to make sure you had taken both.

You would need to check with the specific school though as graduate school is not medical school.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.