What should I do | Need advice for 2027-2028 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I will be graduating undergrad in about a couple months but my GPA is really low due to some circumstances during my college life and just wanted some insight on future plans and if you can offer some insight.

My current stats:
cGPA for undergrad: 2.87
I have 15 more credits and hope to have above a 3.7+ to boost my GPA closer to 3.0.
sGPA: 2.67
Im taking all science classes so I hope this goes up as well
Very very low and I want to improve it as much as possible.

I plan to take 20 credits at a CC in Spring of 2027 part time which includes me retaking the class I received a C+ in. Ive retaken all classes that I had a low grade in undergrad but it didint do much to my GPA.
I also want to take about 15 more additonal credits in summer of 2027 so that I have more credits taken before I apply, my pre-req classes for medical school should be completed by Spring 2027.

Additionally, Ive taken my MCAT once in 2025 and received a 503. I plan to retake it January of 2027 and I'm trying my best to hit 509-510.
I have extensive clinical experince as a PCT and as a RBT of 6000+ hours combined along with other notable volunteering experince including helping with my families business and being a teacher on the side.
I will have about 500 hours of cell biology research and 50 hours of shadowing across specialities including my PCP in internal medicine and pediatrics.
 
Hi! I was in the same boat and I applied for a master's program at my college. They offered me free tuition and paid me because I am a GTA for an undergrad class. I think this really helped. Schools screen and most schools at least DO schools require a 3.0 s and c to be considered. I know it may not be ideal to do a gap year but it'll help for sure. You also can get more preparation. Some schools offer a master's program that if you get a certain GPA you get an automatic interview at their medical school. I would look into this, but I also don't want you to feel discouraged at all. I was told because of my GPA I wouldn't be able to get in and now I have 5 interviews coming up. Your MCAT is in a great place and you have plenty of hours just keep going best of luck!
 
Hi! I was in the same boat and I applied for a master's program at my college. They offered me free tuition and paid me because I am a GTA for an undergrad class. I think this really helped. Schools screen and most schools at least DO schools require a 3.0 s and c to be considered. I know it may not be ideal to do a gap year but it'll help for sure. You also can get more preparation. Some schools offer a master's program that if you get a certain GPA you get an automatic interview at their medical school. I would look into this, but I also don't want you to feel discouraged at all. I was told because of my GPA I wouldn't be able to get in and now I have 5 interviews coming up. Your MCAT is in a great place and you have plenty of hours just keep going best of luck!
Hi! Thank you so much! Unfortunently my college dosent offer such a program and costs have to be payed out of pocket. I was looking into master programs in my state because I cant do much moving but all are pretty expensive.

Would my plan of taking at least 35 credits at CC be worth it instead?