What to do?

Started by Faze2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Faze2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Back when I was in college and getting my degree in Economics......sorry, I felt a little sick there for a second, I took a class, or more accurately I signed up for a class and then never went. This lead me to the grade of, yep you guessed it, an F. The problem is, I really want to take this class over and get an A or a B, which I know I could, so at least MD schools will average the 2 and DO will take the higher, but the class is only offered at my colleges main campus, and I live 3 hours from there. Any ideas on what I could do? I constantly am looking at the branch campus' website near me for this class, but they have not offered it, most likely because it is an upper level Econ class. I really want to take it over so I can get this F out of the mix. Any thoughts?
 
How badly does this F hurt your GPA? Is your academic record decent otherwise? Because if it's merely a single black mark on your record and you can explain your absense, I'm not sure it's worth repeating. If it was a BCMP class, I'd probably feel otherwise but it's not, so it may not be so damaging.
 
How badly does this F hurt your GPA? Is your academic record decent otherwise? Because if it's merely a single black mark on your record and you can explain your absense, I'm not sure it's worth repeating. If it was a BCMP class, I'd probably feel otherwise but it's not, so it may not be so damaging.

It wasn't a BCMP class. It is not the only blemish on my record, but for the other classes I took them over and got A's or B's in them (D's the first time around). I guess it is just one grade, but my GPA is kind of "on the borderline" and I can use all the points, even tenths of a point, that I can get. But I may just have to suck this one up, cause I can't move back to school for one class. Although it would be fun to go back to Happy Valley for a year. 👍
 
Yeah, it might be best to just suck it up. I mean, if you retake it and get an A, it'll still be averaged with the F. Will one grade from an F to a C make or break your GPA? I mean, completely understand wanting every point you can get (my GPA isn't all that competitive either), but a with school being 3 hrs away it sounds like more effort than it's worth. An F looks bad no matter how you look at it, but at least it's Econ and not something you'll need for med school, ya know?

If it was a science class I'd tell you to retake it, even if at a different school and even if it wouldn't erase your F becuase you need to show you've mastered the material. But this isn't the case, so I hope your one grade won't matter too much.