What to expect when you expect?

Started by DRFAM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DRFAM

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the timeline to expect to hear from the prospect employer after inteview? Would you follow up to hear a yes or no?
In my case, I got an interview two weeks ago. It went perfectly well. The HR and CEO replied to my thank you letter by mentioning that they WERE interested in having me join the program. Well, it is 15 days later and I have not heard back from them. Should I contact the HR to follow up ( however, I am not sure how to bring it up) Or I'd be better off to just move on?
This waiting period is driving me crazy.... Thanks for your input!
 
Last edited:
What is the timeline to expect to hear from the prospect employer after inteview? Would you follow up to hear a yes or no?
In my case, I got an interview two weeks ago. It went perfectly well. The HR and CEO replied to my thank you letter by mentioning that they WERE interested in having me join the program. Well, it is 15 days later and I have not heard back from them. Should I contact the HR to follow up ( however, I am not sure how to bring it up) Or I'd be better off to just move on?
This waiting period is driving me crazy.... Thanks for your input!
I don't think you need to move on, although you should certainly keep interviewing at places you're interested in. We're currently hiring for 2 positions and are planning to interview something like 10-15 people total...we're currently at 6 with more 4 coming in the next couple of weeks. It's been over a month since we started interviewing. We've told people we're interested in that we're interested in them and will be back in touch soon.

It's certainly worth sending an email or calling to just say "hey, I know you're probably still working through candidates but I'm still interested in that position". 2 weeks is nothing. 2-3 months is a reasonable timeframe. A place that will offer you a job in a few days is desperate and you probably don't want that gig.