What type of research can you do with a cadaver?

Started by Thumpar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thumpar

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be assisting with a dissection this summer and I'm wondering if there's someway I can use the opportunity to get a research paper out of it. I've heard about some papers being published on anatomical anomalies found in cadavers, sort of like a case study.

Is anyone familiar with cadaveric research? What's possible?
 
I'm going to be assisting with a dissection this summer and I'm wondering if there's someway I can use the opportunity to get a research paper out of it. I've heard about some papers being published on anatomical anomalies found in cadavers, sort of like a case study.

Is anyone familiar with cadaveric research? What's possible?
You just named it. That's about it.
 
If you have many, you can do cadaveric studies for different procedures. Like does a screw placed in x many femurs at thing landmark /angle /size hold up better than a screw placed using a different approach.