What will a C+ do to my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsychStudent

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I'm a post-bacc student, and I just found out that I got a C+ in summer physics. Obviously I'm devastated (I was doing okay until the final), and I'm wondering what implications this will have for me if I generally do well in my other classes. I got an A- all three quarters of general chemistry last year, and in college I had a 3.7 GPA. Any feedback would be terrific! Obviously I will work my butt off to do better the next two quarters of physics. Thanks so much!
 
Figure out what happened when you took the final so it won't happen again. Meet with the teacher if necessary. An upward trend with the second and third quarters will prove you can do the work and that the C+ was a fluke. Refigure your undergrad GPA, and you can see exactly what impact that C+ will have overall. Fortunately, you already had a great GPA going into the post-bacc process.
 
If it's a one time C+, I don't think it will have many implications. Be ready for an interview question about why that grade is so different from the rest of your post-bacc A's.

Get A's from here on out. Remember you're trying to demonstrate that you still "have what it takes" to succeed in the classroom.