what's going on??

Started by rewina
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rewina

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear pre-dentists!

I have no idea what's going on!!!
My GPA is 3.7/3.7 and 20/21/22.
I had interviews at Case, USC, and NYU so far and haven't heard anything from BU, Columbia, Tufts, Temple, Penn, Pittsburgh yet.
Is the process slower than last year???
I noticed that the interview lists are not even half way full if you compare to last year's lists. I don't know how many interview sessions will be offered after Dec 1st? I hope I still have a good chance.
I am so worried T-T
 
Dear pre-dentists!

I have no idea what's going on!!!
My GPA is 3.7/3.7 and 20/21/22.
I had interviews at Case, USC, and NYU so far and haven't heard anything from BU, Columbia, Tufts, Temple, Penn, Pittsburgh yet.
Is the process slower than last year???
I noticed that the interview lists are not even half way full if you compare to last year's lists. I don't know how many interview sessions will be offered after Dec 1st? I hope I still have a good chance.
I am so worried T-T

You had 3 interviews and you are worried?
 
when did you apply? I applied in early June and still haven't heard back from 1/2 the schools I applied to. Relax. If you hadn't heard for a single school and applied May 15, I'd understand, but your situation isn't so unusual. we are all waiting 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear pre-dentists!

I have no idea what's going on!!!
My GPA is 3.7/3.7 and 20/21/22.
I had interviews at Case, USC, and NYU so far and haven't heard anything from BU, Columbia, Tufts, Temple, Penn, Pittsburgh yet.
Is the process slower than last year???
I noticed that the interview lists are not even half way full if you compare to last year's lists. I don't know how many interview sessions will be offered after Dec 1st? I hope I still have a good chance.
I am so worried T-T

Wow, lucky you! Three interviews! Congrats!

Anyways, what are your DAT scores for each section? Those could matter.
 
Dear pre-dentists!

I have no idea what's going on!!!
My GPA is 3.7/3.7 and 20/21/22.
I had interviews at Case, USC, and NYU so far and haven't heard anything from BU, Columbia, Tufts, Temple, Penn, Pittsburgh yet.
Is the process slower than last year???
I noticed that the interview lists are not even half way full if you compare to last year's lists. I don't know how many interview sessions will be offered after Dec 1st? I hope I still have a good chance.
I am so worried T-T

Never assume that you'll get interviews, even if you have nice stats. That will just screw you up/create more anxiety. Relax, enjoy that you have had interviews.
 
Never assume that you'll get interviews, even if you have nice stats. That will just screw you up/create more anxiety. Relax, enjoy that you have had interviews.

True that. Also, many schools have DAT cut-offs. That is, even if your DAT AA/TS/PAT is decent, some schools might not invite you if you have scored lower than 16-17 in a single section.