What's my chance? HELP, PLEASE!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopeatlast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,


I just got my MCAT score back i got 21M (i know it's bad) My undergraduate science GPA is 2.5 and overall GPA is about the same (oddly). My graduate GPA is 3.42 and i am going to get Master degree next may. i was wondering with my stat, can i get into the big 3 (St.Geogore, AUC and ROSS) Please help, thank you
 
I wouldn't go down there unless you can get an MCAT score in the mid 20's at least. I would worry that you won't be able to pass the US medical licensing tests later. If you don't pass, then you won't be able to do residency here in the US, and will be out all the tuition you paid down there for nothing.
How about boning up on the sciences, etc. and retaking the MCAT?
 
Hey everyone,


I just got my MCAT score back i got 21M (i know it's bad) My undergraduate science GPA is 2.5 and overall GPA is about the same (oddly). My graduate GPA is 3.42 and i am going to get Master degree next may. i was wondering with my stat, can i get into the big 3 (St.Geogore, AUC and ROSS) Please help, thank you
wow..im in the same exact shoes..well as far as graduqate.. did the undergrad in 5 with a 2.5 overral and science..just finished this may and i dont even know what direction to go..

graduate schools actually look at you with a 2.5 gpA?..i didnt take the GRE or any other exam yet but im so scared that i wouldnt even get into a graduate program..

what was your major? mine is biology and i dont know if i should do a biology graduate program or go some completely different direction..

*this is the result of not exploring yourself in college..just sticking to one thing even when ure damn near failing out of it*

anyway what was your graduate studies in.
 
when i applied grad school, I had 3.0 GPA. Senior year is not my friend. I was dealing with some personal issues. So that caused me dearly. My undergraduate degree in Molecular Cell Biology. And i am going to get my Master's in Biochemistry next may. I consider myself very lucky. I don't any grad program will take you if you have a 2.5 GPA unless you kill your GRE or MCAT, but hey miracle do happen sometime, so keep you head up. As long as you are not giving up. You will be fine. Look at me, with these stat, i think i can get in somewhere. So always look at the positive side, good luck buddy. If I CAN DO it, you can too.