When do residencies start

Started by uncwalley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uncwalley

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have this dream that there is some chance I will get another vacation before I'm retired. Are there programs that don't start up right away after 4th year. I'm not asking for much, just a month or so.
 
Programs generally start at the end of June. Plan on starting orientation sometime around June 15. You will not be able to postpone starting internship for a month at any program that I know of. If you had a really good reason to postpone rather than just vacation, then some programs might try to work something out for you.
 
Nope, no good reason. I just really wanted to take a road trip, but if orientation starts mid June, that may be a possibility. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.