When does orientation start for residency?

Started by basikfx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

basikfx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently matched MS 4 here..

Just trying to figure out when I am expected to have residency orientation.

I assume all residency starts on July 1st?
 
Recently matched MS 4 here..

Just trying to figure out when I am expected to have residency orientation.

I assume all residency starts on July 1st?
orientation at most programs is usually 1-2 weeks prior to start date so mid June. If military residency, can be almost a month
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would this be more for medicine residents? I matched into a surgical sub and I don't see myself being that useful.
At the moment you and the future medicine intern are equally useful. They could put either of you on the medicine wards 😛

We will see come July though. This may be all under control by then. Or not.