When should I be concerned

Started by Lemons565
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lemons565

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent off my primary back in July and received a secondary from every school I applied to. Since then I have only received one interview invite. Should I be concerned or just keep waiting?
 
Where did you apply? Where is your state of residence? What are your GPA's and MCAT?
I live in GA. I applied to wvu, Penn State, Tulane, emory, vt, vcu , miller, and mcg. I think I am missing one or two but I can check later. I have a 510 and a 3.70
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With your stats you should receive an interview at your state schools (apply to Mercer if you have not done so yet). I suggest adding more schools this week and consider these:
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
 
With your stats you should receive an interview at your state schools (apply to Mercer if you have not done so yet). I suggest adding more schools this week and consider these:
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
I will look into those tonight. Just got off work. I have been working as a phlebotomist and taking classes this year. Should I be concerned about not receiving more interviews yet?
 
No, it is still early in the interview season, which goes until March for MD schools and April for DO schools. You just need to apply to more schools to maximize the number of interviews you receive.
 
It's probably too late at this point, but as a GA a resident you need to apply to MCG, Morehouse, and Mercer every time.