When to apply?

Started by pathmad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pathmad

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm still waiting for 2 of my letters to be scanned, should I apply now or should I wait until eras has uploaded these letters?

Thank you
 
Don't worry about it. Just apply. The letters will get uploaded when they get uploaded. The common form is your official application, everything else (letters, transcript, deans letter, photo) is beyond your control to a large extent.

You may also benefit from visiting the ERAS/NRMP subforum within general residency, as the questions you are asking are asked there weekly.
 
I just went ahead and submitted it. I might be reading it wrong, but it was saying on ERAS that your letters can't be uploaded until you have assigned them to at least one program that you appied to. And as far as I can tell, you can't have done that until it's submitted? Maybe I'm mistaken.