When to take first PCAT?

Started by Buhrock
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Buhrock

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am just starting to take BIO I, CHEM I, CALC I, next semester and will finish chem II in the summer and start organic chem I and II next year while finishing up BIO II.

I have spoken to other people and they say to take the PCAT next fall and then again after I finish up BIO II and Organic Chm II.

When is a good time to take it?
 
So I am just starting to take BIO I, CHEM I, CALC I, next semester and will finish chem II in the summer and start organic chem I and II next year while finishing up BIO II.

I have spoken to other people and they say to take the PCAT next fall and then again after I finish up BIO II and Organic Chm II.

When is a good time to take it?

After OGRO I and A&P I is basically perfect. If you are on a normal sort if track that will be just in time for PharmCAS as I recall. Any sooner and you may not be prepared, any later and you run the risk of not having enough time to retake if required.
 
After OGRO I and A&P I is basically perfect. If you are on a normal sort if track that will be just in time for PharmCAS as I recall. Any sooner and you may not be prepared, any later and you run the risk of not having enough time to retake if required.

👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by A and P? Also, next December is when I will be finishing up Organic Chm I.
 
What do you mean by A and P? Also, next December is when I will be finishing up Organic Chm I.

Anatomy and Physiology. Look, there is no right or wrong answer for when to take. But after ORGO 1 and A&P 1 is usually when it works out that the student will be prepared for it and still have time for plan b if necessary. At the very least you should be enrolled in the above classes during your test date.
 
Ah, I plan on taking A&P 1 in the first part of the summer, then Chem II in the second part of the semester. Then finishing up BIO II and start ORGO I in the fall. I'll prob take the PCAT twice.