When to take the PCAT?

Started by Steven439
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Steven439

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'm having a problem trying to decide when to take the PCAT. I'm applying this coming fall. This fall I'll be in O Chem I, Anatomy, and Physics I with next spring being O Chem II, Microbiology, and Physics II. When should I take the PCAT? I've got the rest of my application ready to go so I hate to wait until January to take the test and have my application incomplete but I don't want to take it in September without having a good background in organic. I've got a Kaplan PCAT book to study from but I didn't know if that would have enough information to offset not having a semester of O Chem. What do ya'll think?
 
Hard to say... Depends on your ability to teach yourself ochem.

I usually recommend to take the pcat after at least the first semester of ochem. Remember to consider the last date schools take the pcat. some are before january.