When would be the ideal time to submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmdude1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, how r u?

I was just wondering when would u say would be the most ideal time to submit my PharmCAS application since most IL pharmacy schools are not rolling admisisons (except one). Should i submit it after i receive my aug pcat scores? Thanks in advance. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your schools isn't rolling, you should probably not summit it until closer to the deadline (one to two weeks), or something like that...this way you have more time to change and add stuff, if you have gained extra volunteering/work experience.
 
If your schools isn't rolling, you should probably not summit it until closer to the deadline (one to two weeks), or something like that...this way you have more time to change and add stuff, if you have gained extra volunteering/work experience.

IMO, you should be aware of any volunteering or work experience you will be doing this semester by August...you'll be able to elaborate on those experiences in your interviews, anyways. I would submit as soon as you feel your application is as complete as it's going to be...but give yourself time to review it more than once. I applied to IL schools and one rolling admissions school and submitted PharmCAS in the beginning of September. It's nice to have a break between submitting PharmCAS and working on supplementals, too.
 
i read through this thread. i was wondering how can i find out if the schools that i am interested in are 'rolling admission'? do they post that info on their website?
 
IMO, you should be aware of any volunteering or work experience you will be doing this semester by August...you'll be able to elaborate on those experiences in your interviews, anyways. I would submit as soon as you feel your application is as complete as it's going to be...but give yourself time to review it more than once. I applied to IL schools and one rolling admissions school and submitted PharmCAS in the beginning of September. It's nice to have a break between submitting PharmCAS and working on supplementals, too.
Does submitting PharmCAS application early even when the schools that u are applying to aren't rolling admission help u in the end (put u at an advantage compared to the later applicants)? Does the admission committee look at the date of when the application was submitted? Does the admission committee start assessing applicants even before the deadline is due (if not, then what's the difference if u submitted two weeks prior to deadline compared to two months?). thanks in advance
 
Does submitting PharmCAS application early even when the schools that u are applying to aren't rolling admission help u in the end (put u at an advantage compared to the later applicants)? Does the admission committee look at the date of when the application was submitted? Does the admission committee start assessing applicants even before the deadline is due (if not, then what's the difference if u submitted two weeks prior to deadline compared to two months?). thanks in advance

If the school isn't rolling admissions it makes no difference whether you submit the day the application opens or the day before it closes. I think I submitted two days before the deadline or so.
 
If the school isn't rolling admissions it makes no difference whether you submit the day the application opens or the day before it closes. I think I submitted two days before the deadline or so.

Thanks for the answer, I also called a few schools I was interested in....assuming they were telling me the truth :xf:, sending your applications early does not make a difference unless the school has rolling admission.
 
Thanks for the answer, I also called a few schools I was interested in....assuming they were telling me the truth :xf:, sending your applications early does not make a difference unless the school has rolling admission.

I don't see any reason why they'd lie - they want the best qualified students for their school, so they're only trying to help you apply.

There is a plus when you apply early to a nonrolling admissions school: you know for sure your materials will all be received by the deadline, unlike the kids who submit ON the deadline, who might undergo the next 4-6 weeks biting their nails, wondering if PharmCAS messed up their apps, or wondering why their PCAT results haven't come up yet. Once the deadline is past, it's hard to fix mistakes (whether from you or from an outsider), but when it's not the deadline yet, you feel much more relaxed and able to do so. At least, that's how I feel.