where should I be targeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ndundergrad10

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI all looking for some advice.

Step 1:210
Step 2: will take in 1 month with practice test scores as of now near 220
medical school: middle tier MD in midwest
3rd year grades: mostly HP with some great feedback and high recommendations from surgical and internal attendings.
1-2 year grades: middle of pack, some honors and the rest HP.
Research: 9 poster presentations at national conferences, 2 papers as co-author in national journals on topics outside and in radiology

My question is where should I target. I have a list of someone's personal program rankings 1-175. Should I be looking in the very bottom or could I be competitive in the schools around 75-100?
 
Baptist in Memphis is a good community program. Private practice group. Good to great moonlighting. Good hospital. Not tons of residency programs. Ancillary staff treats you like a real doctor not a resident.

I also really liked Mayo in Jacksonville. Good perks. Good training. I think prestige will grow in the next decade.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Baptist in Memphis is a good community program. Private practice group. Good to great moonlighting. Good hospital. Not tons of residency programs. Ancillary staff treats you like a real doctor not a resident.

I also really liked Mayo in Jacksonville. Good perks. Good training. I think prestige will grow in the next decade.
But isn't getting a fellowship an unsaid rule now?