Which LoRs to send?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Staradmiral

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there are previous threads about this topic but I need to answer to my own situation.

I'm an IMG applying to radiology, I have submitted my ERAS with 2 Rads letters and 1 Peds letter all from US doctors. These were the three letters i had ready for Sept 15th. Some radiology programs demanded 2 rads letters so I just did that to every program. Most were unspecified simply stating "three letters of recommendation." Now I have to decide on the 4th LoR to send.

1. 3rd Rads letter?

2. Letter from Internal medicine which I will do over the next 4 weeks, I could probably get a letter after the 1st week?

Neither letter is ready yet, so I'll have to wait till they are up.

Thank you for your input
 
I didn't see any of the programs I applied to demanding 2 rads letters, most said at least 1 rads. which programs said this if you don't mind me asking?

I sent 1 rads, 1 surg, 1 sub-I and 1 general letter (clinical/research/knew me well) to all the programs and all my prelims/tys.
 
I honestly can't remember the name, I have huge list of Rads programs (especially since I'm an IMG). isn't more than 2 programs. The far majority just say 3 Lors with no specific requirements. The website of the program you applied to will say everything.

I'm sending 1-2 rads letters and 2-3 clinical letters to all my TYs/prelim. Some prelim programs I sent 2 rads letters. Those two are honestly really good letters since I really did go beyond just sitting in the reading room. I really got involved.