Which programs don't interview without Step 2 scores?

Started by NYyanx28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NYyanx28

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard the UNDMJ schools don't send out interview invites without Step 2 scores. Is this true and are there other schools that are known to have the same policy? Might as well know before I waste money applying to them! (Won't have STEP 2 score until end of Nov).
 
I've heard the UNDMJ schools don't send out interview invites without Step 2 scores. Is this true and are there other schools that are known to have the same policy? Might as well know before I waste money applying to them! (Won't have STEP 2 score until end of Nov).

I haven't heard anything about programs interviewing without Step 2 scores and doubt that this is true. The majority of applicants haven't taken Step 2 and/or won't have the scores available by interview time. I interviewed at RWJ and many of us did not have step 2 scores.

The only thing related to Step 2 scores that I know of is that UCSF won't rank you without it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree with above. USCF and U of Florida are the only two programs that I heard of on the interview trail that wouldn't rank a candidate without a Step 2 score. I have personally never heard of a program that only interviews candidates with Step 2 scores.