1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Will these classes count for sGPA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by wildcherry, Jan 10, 2019.

1. wildcherry

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I know Public Health and Health Sciences both go under "Other Science" but I just wanted to make sure these classes will count as I'm trying to get a little boost to my sGPA.

ISSUES & TRENDS IN PUB HEALTH

U.S. HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS

Thank you!

2. The Nibbler

The Nibbler SDN Bronze Donor
    Bronze Donor Verified Account

Medical Student
    Yea, you might be able to swing them as sGPA, but if you took upper level science classes and killed them, it would look better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OrgoWizard

OrgoWizard Pre-med is the name of the game

Yes, they will most likely count.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

4. 20Hopeful16

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Doesn't hurt to try and challenge it.
    I challenged a class with AMCAS. They initially categorized a class as biology class-- BIOL101 Biology and Society, an intro to biology class for non-science majors. They could have rejected my claim and I wouldn't have been surprised because technically it was a biology class but I went ahead and tried anyway.
    I linked the course description and even wrote more about the course content/exams. I spent a lot of time trying to back up my claim. And AMCAS accepted my claim and changed the class from biology to sociology--no questions asked. I got an F in that class, and changing the classification of that one class raised my sGPA from 3.4 to 3.6.

Can't hurt to try and ask. Just go for it. You might get lucky.