wondering whether to borrow - help

Started by exia80
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

exia80

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, here is my dillema:
I am starting medical school in the fall, way on the other side of the US. I have a condo(courtesy of my parents...sorta). They bought the condo, but I have to pay it off. I am on a millitary scholarship, but the living stipend will only cover my condo and utilities. Threfore i have no $$ for food, or driving...well you get the idea. I also have to buy everything, including, sofas, a bed, and a laptop when I move. This will be covered by my parets and my own savings.
i am wondering whether i shoudl take out loans to cover the rest fo my living expenses. my parents can help but i don't think it will be enough. is ti wise to take out the loans? I am thinking 12 grand a year? I would like 20 but i dont think i can take that much out because of my scholarship.