Working at Longs

Started by ICA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ICA

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two Longs stores in the Bay Area (CA) just offered me a job as a pharmacy clerk/tech.

I also applied to Walgreens, RiteAid, Albertsons and Target, but haven't heard anything back from them. (I sent out a barrage of applications out last week.)

I don't know anything about the Longs computer system, etc. To make it blunt, I know some chains suck to work at more than others. 😛 Anyone have experience or advice? I know I shouldn't be so picky. Work experience is work experience. I'm probably going to accept the position.
 
I worked for Longs as an intern and then a pharmacist. It is high volume, high stress, but it was fun in my "youth". At the ripe old age of 28, I decided a more sedate atmosphere was in order. I wouldn't go back knowing what I know now, but it wasn't an awful place to work. I think every good pharmacist needs to work in a busy store with lots of co-workers at least for a little while. In fact, I think it made me a better pharmacist.
 
Thanks for the input GravyRPH, although one of the stores that offered SEEMS to be a low volume... open from 9-9 on the weekdays, 9-6 on Sat. and CLOSED on Sundays!

I'll keep ya'll updated on how it goes. 😀