This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jassi.astros

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. I don't think that will affect your chances much. If it is brought up during an interview, explain why and I'm sure they would agree that it was a reasonable decision.

2. W's will have a negative effect but assuming your overall app is decent, you should still receive a number of interviews. During your interviews, be prepared to explain why you have those W's.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I have a few questions and would love some help!
1) I was wondering if it would look bad if I were to graduate from my University in 3 years and then after graduating take physics 1 and 2 with labs at my local Community College? My main reasoning for this is to save money because the cost at CC is much less and is closer to my house meaning I can get a job as well in order to save up before dental school.

2) Would have 2 W's effect my chances? My first W is from Calculus, I thought a majority of dental schools required it but after speaking to my advisor he said not many did so I dropped it, and the other W was from taking Physics 1 over the summer and I came to the realization that it was too fast-paced and the professor was fairly new so he was not really the best in effectively teaching us.
You explanations sound reasonable to me, but I am not the one making the decision. I think it is in your best interest to contact a few dental schools that you are interested in attending and ask them. One thing that might raise a red flag is that you already enrolled in Physics and withdrew at your University and then are taking it at a later date at a community college. I would definitely get some solid answers to the question of taking Physics at a community college before enrolling in the class. 2 W's also need to be addressed with some schools. Do your homework now to avoid a regret later.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Reactions: 1 user