WREB vs CRDTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

explorer2010

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I want help to decide which one is easier to get through WREB or CRDTS ?
I have to take either, after going through their candidates' manual, ( CRDTS have, # 8 endo and 2 posterior crown preps on manikin, patients-perio case, Class II amagam , Class III or IV composite, or posterior gold crown, any 2 out of 3. For WREB, have to do endo on 2 extracted, one anterior one posterior, , perio diagnosis, perio tretment, same restorative procedures on patient as CRDTS, and no crown or bridge on manikin).
I am too confused which one I should prefer, will appreciate your comments.
 
I took Crdts last year and felt that grading was fairly leniant except perio. I thinks Wrebs has a higher pass rate. I never did a gold inlay on a patient so that deterred me. My friends who took Wrebs said that the atmosphere was laid back 3 days scheduled for the exam but you could finish in 2. Crdts is scheduled and all 3 days have to be attended
 
Thanks for your reply.
For Perio, Crdts, deducts points per error ( e.g. calculus left, or pocket depth error). Wreb's criteria is deduct point for what they called 'validated error'. (tissue trauma,)
It's hard to predict anything from manual , WREB appears to be more organised, with very clear scoring criteria as compared to CRDTS.
Do I need to evaluate them so carefully ? Feeling that I should decide anyone and go for it .