Writing portion of interview?????

Started by KMIMSM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KMIMSM

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which method is preferred for the essay portion?
Is the 5 paragraph essay sufficient? I can't think of any others that are used.
Which style do you guys use?
please share. thanks
 
KMIMSM are you from Texas? You could use the 5 paragraph essay for the spontaneous writing sample taken at the interview, but the impetus for my school mimicked the impetus for the personal statement somewhat and it might not work well. You should at the very least have an introductory paragraph, a body and, if you have time, a conclusion. They could ask you anything including if you believe in aliens from other planets visiting ours. Just do your best at writing and don't lie about anything that is factual.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I use. The 5 paragraph format (intro, 3 supporting bodies, and conclusion)

Another question:

How important are the interview essays? What exactly are they looking for? Just grammar/spelling? Or does content really matter? My interview essays were very simple and not detailed. Of course, my pharmcas and supp essays were much better and inspirational, so would that be fine if my interview essays were a bit simpler??
 
I tried to write 5 paragraphs for all of my interviews. I think I wrote 4 for one of them--ran out of time so I cut one of the body paragraphs out.