Decided

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siciliandefense

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Decided!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I feel like prestige difference between these two is so minimal. Given the curriculum flexibility, and your partner's parents paying for the COA difference (which is SO sweet of them omg!!), I feel like Yale is a good fit! You also seem more excited about it. :)

Congratulations!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yale. Yale’s cons are much more manageable than JHU’s. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a note that you list it as a pro for Hopkins but that as a percentage, Yale has a higher proportion of Latinos and an entire neighborhood in Fair Haven, which is a short drive away (5-10 min). HAVEN serves part of that community but there is also a community clinic separate from Yale that serves them. Really cool community. HAVEN is also unique in that you even get to interact with undergrad (who serve on the clerical side and as translators) and I think PA students. So a cool cross-disciplinary opportunity. Shame it’s only once a week

Also not sure if you identify as URM but if you do, just note that Yale has a slight edge on percentage of URM students. Hopkins was hoping to yield better this year and maybe they will but if you take a look at MSAR, it has been trending downward.

(Also thought the parent thing was funny. Is there a concern about Baltimore QOL vs New Haven or is it more they just want to have you closer?)

Some great choices overall! You seem really excited about Yale and New Haven is awesome.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Yale! I'm also deciding between them and another school and I honestly struggle to find bad things to say about it! Certainly you can't go wrong with either, but it seems like you get everything you want and more at Yale

• Love
Reactions: 1 user