Wow programs already downloading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsr52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Drexel and Tufts have already downloaded.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, many others too. But it depends on your specialty... Drexel and Tufts haven't downloaded my psych applications yet.

internal med here

If your materials are shown as retrieved/downloaded by programs, does it imply that they did NOT FILTER you out?

And so, if they did not retrieve your information in some time (days-weeks) does it mean they DID filter you out?

If your materials are shown as retrieved/downloaded by programs, does it imply that they did NOT FILTER you out?

And so, if they did not retrieve your information in some time (days-weeks) does it mean they DID filter you out?

I'm pretty sure they download all of the applications and then filter. I can't imagine that Harvard downloaded my applications when the ECFMG still hasn't sent in my USMLE transcripts.

They couldn't know our USMLE scores without the transcript, though - how would they early filter? When does our transcript get there? Anyone know?

how do you know if they downloaded your application?

how do you know if they downloaded your application?

ADTS.

Is the ERAS staff going to be holidaying today or will they be working towards making the LoR I got submitted days ago, available at their "post office"?

ADTS.

Is the ERAS staff going to be holidaying today or will they be working towards making the LoR I got submitted days ago, available at their "post office"?

Hope you mean your medical school as they are the ones that upload your LoRs to ERAS. Unless you are a FMG then I have no idea. But it was my school that uploaded my letters. I knew a few had arrived a few weeks ago. I called my department and they were uploaded within 10 from speaking with them.

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Are programs going to download every single application ?
Is there a cap, hence a deadline ?

The near-immediate download of applications once they were submitted to ERAS.

Gotcha. Sorry I thought you were referring to something I wrote.

Internal medicine here...so far Ohio State, UVA, UNC, UTSW, Kentucky have downloaded mine

I'm assuming they have a macro set to download applicant information automatically, or perhaps this feature comes with their subscription to participate in ERAS?

ya that makes sense. Already have 5 programs that have downloaded my app and i just recently submitted. Maybe some are set to download apps every couple hours or something.

I think it is just zealous admins, I know I'd check out my new applicants on day one too. I had an asst program director on my audition rotation tell me they was going to start downloading and looking at applications today.

My ADTS is saying personal statement as not uploaded to post office. Anyone Know what that means?

You guys have your photo uploaded to post office already?

Med- UNC, Mayo, Columbia, Chicago, and Yale have downloaded!

For Medicine I've had UChicago, Loyola, Yale, UPMC, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Columbia, Case Western, Mayo (Rochester) and Tufts download today. One of them downloaded at 8:30 PM lol. Autodownload ftw.

To review answers to common questions:

1. When we contact the post office, we get all applications awaiting download. We can't control what e download -- it's like the US post office, if you send it to us, we must get it. All filtering happens after download. So, a program downloading your application doesn't mean they like you, or are interested in you (although they might!). It simply means you sent them your information.

2. If you get rejected, programs will continue to download your information. This is not a malfunction, nor is it programs being mean or trying to torture you. We can't stop information from being downloaded.

3. We can set up automatic data downloads. Impossible to tell if activity today is from automated activity or zealous PA's.

4. I can actually log in and download information from home

5. Don't panic that your ERAS information isn't transmitted yet in ADTS. It takes 3-5 days for that to happen.

Nevermind, I see aprogdir above me has answered it in #1.

How long until IM programs start sending out invitations? When are the bulk of them sent out? I imagine mid-to-late October?

Last edited:
Does the fact that your application has been download really "mean" anything? From what I've read, programs can't filter until they download, so are we just getting worked up over nothing?

It only means that things are happening, which is exciting. Doesn't mean they've even looked at them or have begun making any kind of decisions.

I just like being neurotic and seeing who has looked at it.

Nevermind, I see aprogdir above me has answered it in #1.

How long until IM programs start sending out invitations? When are the bulk of them sent out? I imagine mid-to-late October?

IM here also. I have heard different things. Some programs will send invitations on a rolling basis as apps come in so I would assume those will come earlier like in the next couple of weeks. Others don't start sending invitations until middle of october until they get a certain number of apps.

At least one IM program has already sent out invites. I can't imagine they actually looked at the applicant's personal statement or letters of recommendation yet, but they somehow decided to invite him for an interview. Could have been based on the photo alone, but my fiance would tell you otherwise (she cold). Really hoping they don't just invite based on an an automatic filter...

IM here also. I have heard different things. Some programs will send invitations on a rolling basis as apps come in so I would assume those will come earlier like in the next couple of weeks. Others don't start sending invitations until middle of october until they get a certain number of apps.

At least one IM program has already sent out invites. I can't imagine they actually looked at the applicant's personal statement or letters of recommendation yet, but they somehow decided to invite him for an interview. Could have been based on the photo alone, but my fiance would tell you otherwise (she cold). Really hoping they don't just invite based on an an automatic filter...

in fact at least 4 have started sending out interviews: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=950974

they don't get to see your photo until they invite you for an interview

yes, many (most?) do invite based on an automatic filter

in fact at least 4 have started sending out interviews: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=950974
Thanks for this link.
That was 100% a joke. Nowhere near handsome enough to get an interview based on my looks (unless my mom was the PD, and even then...).
That sort of kills the romance of the process, but I guess the sheer volume of applications make it a sensible approach. Sigh.

Most of the EM programs I applied to have downloaded.

Just a note, aPD in another thread stated that you used to only see the photo if invited for an interview, but I believe now they see it at the same time as the rest of the application.

Just a note, aPD in another thread stated that you used to only see the photo if invited for an interview, but I believe now they see it at the same time as the rest of the application.
Does anyone know if they have to download it separately? My photo has a different download time than the rest of my app for most but not all programs :confused:

This is correct. Photos come with your application. I have the option of screening photos if I want. Some programs will, some programs won't. I screen photos until our first interview day, then unscreen them.

Does anyone know if they have to download it separately? My photo has a different download time than the rest of my app for most but not all programs :confused:

Nope. Photos come with everything else.

Word to the wise: DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THE TIME THAT THINGS ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE ERAS POST OFFICE. It's completely meaningless. If a long time goes by and a program hasn't downloaded some piece of information on you, that can be a problem -- and means that they haven't downloaded ANYTHING on ANYBODY since then. And by "a long time" I don't mean 24 hours. I mean 2-3 WEEKS.

Hello @aProgDirector , can you tell me please, why some programs I have applied to have retrieved all of my info except for the usmle transcript, even though it's available for retrieval??