The Dreaded Re-take: Advice for next step...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member1137

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
there is no test in 3-4 months. testing ends in 2 months, or there is January which is 6 months.

i think everyone's goal is 36+. just realize less than 2% of test takes get a 36+. and honestly very few people score consistently 36+ on practice tests to where they can expect a 36+. It's good to be realistic or you'll setting yourself up to be disappointed with your results. 32 or above is good for any cali school given a decent gpa.

verbal will be hard to improve from a 6 in 2 months. so I'd lean towards January test date. I'd stress to keep up with the sciences (even though you had a nice PS score of 12), I wouldn't neglect sciences, because it's easily forgotten.

personally I'd rather just have a great verbal, that way I can just study sciences, but looks like you'll need to prep again 100% so you don't forget the sciences.

wouldn't recommend any courses since they are more for people that can't stay on top of a schedule or people that need help understanding concepts. doesn't look like you have done much verbal. study verbal and see where you are in a month or two. but again, going from a 6 to a 12 (or even a 10) takes a lot of time.