Incoming sophomore that plans on taking the MCAT next summer, any prep tips now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssjakin

Reaction score
Besides doing well in my pre reqs (I’ll be taking orgo 1 and skipping orgo 2 in order to take biochem. I’ll also be taking physics 1 and 2 this year), is there anything else I can do to prep right now. Would weekly cars passages or certain readings me helpful? Anything helps thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you saying you won't have physics 1 and 2 under your belt by the time you take the MCAT last summer??

Other advise: practice makes perfect. Do lots of practice passages and problems

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing CARS a little bit could be helpful but I would'nt lose sleep prepping for the MCAT this early.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I will have physics 1 and 2 under my belt
My bad, I obviously can't read haha. I think once you have your prereqs under your belt, you can then figure out where you need to strengthen your knowledge. When you're ready to start serious studying, start with a diagnostic test and go from there. You can read a passage a day to start practice for CARS.

Tutoring for general physics, not the kinematic semester but the waves and optics and electricity and magnetism one, will be fantastic. General chemistry is the other subject I recommend tutoring for.