This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are my chances?

• Great!

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Good, but some areas could be improved

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • You're a pretty average candidate, so it could go either way

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Not great, but there's room for improvement

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Have you considered under water basket weaving?

Votes: 68 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about Midwestern's tuition. My advisor kept assuring me that there would be in-state tuition and I can't find the tuition price online anywhere so I'm going on his word right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. The benefits of being less than an hour from my family still outweigh the cost though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone- here are the stats I will be applying with. Any words of wisdom/hope/encouragement would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

Your application looks really well-rounded to me. If there's any chance at picking up some more vet hours between now and then, I think that would be beneficial. Where are you planning to apply?

How do they get away charging so much when they don't have a teaching hospital?? I don't understand :eek:

Sadly, I fear, they believe pre-vet students are suckers. They may be right.

I know sometimes when I think about the debt, there will be this brief moment of clarity and I tell myself, "I'm too smart to be this stupid about money. What the hell is wrong with me?" Passions burn bright, though, and pretending that your dreams are priceless is a great way to distract yourself from the real-world costs of those dreams. Le sigh.

Thanks! I hope schools see that as well. Although not entirely set in stone, I'm applying to Penn (my in-state), VA-MD, Iowa, Purdue, possibly Western and Missouri, and SGU, Edinburgh, RVC, and possibly Ross.

ok so I am applying to 9 schools including saint Georges, Ross, Iowa, Ohio, Minnesota, and Missouri but the top three schools I really want to go to are Cornell (IS), UPenn and University of Florida so I am more asking if I have any shot at those three and if not where is my best shot at one of my non-Caribbean choices. I know my vet hours are weak and my GPA isn't the best. I am applying this cycle.

New York State Resident
B.S. in neuroscience

GPA: 3.36
Pre-Req GPA: 3.40
science GPA: not sure but lower then 3.3 higher then 3.0(had a C+ 2nd semester orgo)
Last 45 GPA: 3.40

GRE : 164 V (93%), 157 Q (69%), 4.0 W (52%)

Veterinary Experience:
Shadowed at two SA clinics: 250 hours
Shadowed an equine vet: 6 hours

Animal Experience:
Shelter: 100 hours
Zoo Internship: 240 hours
Zoo docent (did programs at local events with exotics): 50
Wildlife rehab internship: 420
WIldlife rehab volunteer: 280
Marine mammal and sea turtle rescue internship: 140
Horsemanship internship: 140
Counselor for Horseback riding research study/ obesity camp: 100
Personal horseback riding lessons:~300
Personal pet ownership (don't know how useful this is): ~5000?

Research:
Maternal effects on development and reproduction (using rats)
100 hours

Extra-Curriculars:
Liscenced NYS wildlife rehabber
Pre-vet club
NYSWRA (NY wildlife rehab association member)
Rainbow Pride Union member
Ran cross country, winter track and spring track in high school and captained all three

Employment:
2 summers being manager at a mini golf

eLORs:
Letter from head wildlife rehabilitator (very strong letter)
Letter from head zoo keeper (very strong letter)
Vet Letter: (probably kind of weak)
Marine biologist: (ok)
Letter from bio professor: (probably kind of weak)

still working on personal statement

ok so I am applying to 9 schools including saint Georges, Ross, Iowa, Ohio, Minnesota, and Missouri but the top three schools I really want to go to are Cornell (IS), UPenn and University of Florida so I am more asking if I have any shot at those three and if not where is my best shot at one of my non-Caribbean choices. I know my vet hours are weak and my GPA isn't the best. I am applying this cycle.

New York State Resident
B.S. in neuroscience

GPA: 3.36
Pre-Req GPA: 3.40
science GPA: not sure but lower then 3.3 higher then 3.0(had a C+ 2nd semester orgo)
Last 45 GPA: 3.40

GRE : 164 V (93%), 157 Q (69%), 4.0 W (52%)

Veterinary Experience:
Shadowed at two SA clinics: 250 hours
Shadowed an equine vet: 6 hours

Animal Experience:
Shelter: 100 hours
Zoo Internship: 240 hours
Zoo docent (did programs at local events with exotics): 50
Wildlife rehab internship: 420
WIldlife rehab volunteer: 280
Marine mammal and sea turtle rescue internship: 140
Horsemanship internship: 140
Counselor for Horseback riding research study/ obesity camp: 100
Personal horseback riding lessons:~300
Personal pet ownership (don't know how useful this is): ~5000?

Research:
Maternal effects on development and reproduction (using rats)
100 hours

Extra-Curriculars:
Liscenced NYS wildlife rehabber
Pre-vet club
NYSWRA (NY wildlife rehab association member)
Rainbow Pride Union member
Ran cross country, winter track and spring track in high school and captained all three

Employment:
2 summers being manager at a mini golf

eLORs:
Letter from head wildlife rehabilitator (very strong letter)
Letter from head zoo keeper (very strong letter)
Vet Letter: (probably kind of weak)
Marine biologist: (ok)
Letter from bio professor: (probably kind of weak)

still working on personal statement

The thing that sticks out to me is a low number of "vet experience" hours. That combined with a mediocre GPA (though a good GRE) may not make you competitive to some schools this cycle, depending on how they weigh these areas. Other than that, you still have a chance at any of them.

What type of veterinary work do you see yourself doing in the future? You seem to have a lot of zoo/wildlife animal experience. Is that the way you're leaning?

Fleur - if you think you're going to have letters that are probably not so great, I wouldn't ask those people for letters. Just having 3 letters is fine. I think a luke-warm letter can actually do some damage. Not only will that letter not be a glowing recommendation for you, but it also says something about your judgement of how other people view you. Just something to keep in mind.

Fleur - if you think you're going to have letters that are probably not so great, I wouldn't ask those people for letters. Just having 3 letters is fine. I think a luke-warm letter can actually do some damage. Not only will that letter not be a glowing recommendation for you, but it also says something about your judgement of how other people view you. Just something to keep in mind.

If I recall correctly, Cornell requires a LOR from each experience, so the vet LOR probably needs to stay even if it is weak. (Which, for that matter, why are they weak? Offer to sit down with the vet writing it and give them a chance to get to know you a little better, familiarize them with your resume/goals/etc)
And for the other schools, most of them require at least one LOR from a vet and it seems like the "weak" LOR is the only real vet LOR.

Hey all,

I've been lurking this site since the beginning of the year and finally decided to register now that I am in the process of applying. I feel pretty confident in my stats (considering I had 0 clinical experience as of 18 months ago), but I still worry - a lot - of course. I would love if you could give me your opinions :)

Applying to: Colorado (WICHE), Oregon (WICHE), Washington (WICHE), Oklahoma, Missouri, Wisconsin

Female, 21
Arizona State Resident
Will earn B.S. in Veterinary Science in December

GPA: 3.83
Major GPA: 3.77
Last 45 GPA: 3.70

GRE : 164 V (93%), 153 Q (53%), 4.5 W (78%)

Veterinary Experience:
300 hours veterinary assistant/tech equine exclusive ambulatory
400 hours veterinary assistant/tech small animal
200 hours undergraduate research assistant in campus laboratory studying Cryptosporidiosis (participated in studies involving extensive handling of piglets)
45 hours shadowing mixed practice/equine surgical center
30 hours assisting veterinarian at equine endurance ride checkpoints for state races
15 hours vet assistant for non-profit organization providing free veterinary care to pets of the homeless

Animal Experience:
4000 hours animal training (own, train, and show APHA mare)
380 hours paid employment working for horse boarding/training/breeding facility
200 hours FFA horse judging training and competition, and assisting in state competitions with my own mare
60 hours at a therapeutic riding center as a sidewalker/coach/horse handler
50 hours in-class experience studying reproductive behavior and anatomy in large animals
40 hours in-class experience - 9 straight (sleepless) nights of mare watch ending in assisting with 2 foalings and bottle feeding of foal
30 hours personal pet sitting (care for two senior cats, one diabetic needing daily insulin injections)

Employment:
In-N-Out Burger, 1.5 years and 500 hours

Extra-Curriculars/Community:
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Ambassador for my University
Pre-Veterinary club member and Secretary
Golden Key Honor Society
National Society for Collegiate Scholars
Student representative to save a local equestrian park from closure due to budget cuts
American Youth Horse Council in high school
Student Horseman's Association Reporter and President throughout high school

eLORs:
All (presumably) very strong:
Veterinarian - from 300 hours ambulatory equine
Associate Professor/Veterinarian - from 200 research hours
Veterinarian/clinic owner - from 400 hours small animal

Working on personal statement, but I have been told my plan/structure is a very strong one.

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
Hey all,

I've been lurking this site since the beginning of the year and finally decided to register now that I am in the process of applying. I feel pretty confident in my stats (considering I had 0 clinical experience as of 18 months ago), but I still worry - a lot - of course. I would love if you could give me your opinions :)

Applying to: Colorado (WICHE), Oregon (WICHE), Washington (WICHE), Oklahoma, Missouri, Wisconsin

Female, 21
Arizona State Resident
Will earn B.S. in Veterinary Science in December

GPA: 3.83
Major GPA: 3.77
Last 45 GPA: 3.70

GRE : 164 V (93%), 153 Q (53%), 4.5 W (78%)

Veterinary Experience:
300 hours veterinary assistant/tech equine exclusive ambulatory
400 hours veterinary assistant/tech small animal
200 hours undergraduate research assistant in campus laboratory studying Cryptosporidiosis (participated in studies involving extensive handling of piglets)
45 hours shadowing mixed practice/equine surgical center
30 hours assisting veterinarian at equine endurance ride checkpoints for state races
15 hours vet assistant for non-profit organization providing free veterinary care to pets of the homeless

Animal Experience:
4000 hours animal training (own, train, and show APHA mare)
380 hours paid employment working for horse boarding/training/breeding facility
200 hours FFA horse judging training and competition, and assisting in state competitions with my own mare
60 hours at a therapeutic riding center as a sidewalker/coach/horse handler
50 hours in-class experience studying reproductive behavior and anatomy in large animals
40 hours in-class experience - 9 straight (sleepless) nights of mare watch ending in assisting with 2 foalings and bottle feeding of foal
30 hours personal pet sitting (care for two senior cats, one diabetic needing daily insulin injections)

Employment:
In-N-Out Burger, 1.5 years and 500 hours

Extra-Curriculars/Community:
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Ambassador for my University
Pre-Veterinary club member and Secretary
Golden Key Honor Society
National Society for Collegiate Scholars
Student representative to save a local equestrian park from closure due to budget cuts
American Youth Horse Council in high school
Student Horseman's Association Reporter and President throughout high school

eLORs:
All (presumably) very strong:
Veterinarian - from 300 hours ambulatory equine
Associate Professor/Veterinarian - from 200 research hours
Veterinarian/clinic owner - from 400 hours small animal

Working on personal statement, but I have been told my plan/structure is a very strong one.

Thank you so much!!

Overall I think you look great!
If I had to make one comment, it would be to specify if your work was as an assistant or a technician. Saying "tech" would lead me to believe that you are a RVT.
Also, make sure that you do not list any skills that an RVT can only perform, if you aren't one. (e.g., in California assistants cannot induce anesthesia while RVTs can, so I had to make sure that I didn't include any of that in my application.)

That's being really nit-picky though! You'll be fine. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, Falina! I appreciate it. I've got my experience designated on the actual application as simply Assistant (or in one case, my title is Veterinary Intern) since I am not certified, but I am specifying my experiences to include details of the duties I perform :)

The thing that sticks out to me is a low number of "vet experience" hours. That combined with a mediocre GPA (though a good GRE) may not make you competitive to some schools this cycle, depending on how they weigh these areas. Other than that, you still have a chance at any of them.

What type of veterinary work do you see yourself doing in the future? You seem to have a lot of zoo/wildlife animal experience. Is that the way you're leaning?

Yes I would really like to go into either wildlife or zoo medicine and I have to keep the letter from the vet because most of the schools require at least one eLOR from a vet.

Hello all!I have just completed my VMCAS application for this year and I am finishing up with supplemental applications.
Some background:
I applied to 4 schools last year: Davis, Western, Louisiana, Colorado. I got interviews from both Davis and Western, but then got put on wait-list and rejected later :( I have also got put on OOS wait-list for Louisiana and rejected later. Colorado rejected me, I believe, from the first round. I am applying this year again and I am terrified. I want to apply to as much schools as possible, but there are also fees and interviews fee I need to consider. So here are my choices:
Davis, Western, Minnesota, Wisconsin,Tennessee, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina State, Purdue
By the way, OOS is not a problem for me. Even though I am a US citizen, my family is not in the states. So yes, I am fine with going anywhere. Davis is still my first choice but it is so competitive. Even though I decide to apply for it again I don’t know whether I will stand a chance.
For vet & animal experience, I started out late (my 3rd year during undergraduate) so I understand the hours are very limited. My GRE score is really bad, especially on verbal and writing. Need not saying I don’t always perform well in interviews so that’s probably another reason why I got rejected from Davis and Western.
I really want to know where my stats places me, and are these schools good choices for me? Thanks!

California State Resident
B.S. in Biological Science

Cum GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.80
Last 45 : 3.66

GRE:
V: 146 28%,
Q: 158 72%,
W: 3.0 14%

Veterinary Experience: 400 Hours
-Combining from internships in multiple small animal vet clinics + Volunteering in low cost clinics

Animal Experience: 280 Hours
-Volunteer in ranch and shelters. Have exposure to large animals like horses and cattles, though not extensively.

Research: NONE

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-vet club

Employment:
College tutor in Biochemistry

eLORs:
1st Vet letter: Strong
2nd Vet letter: Short period, but worked closely with; relative strong I believe
Professor: Not sure if it is strong, but should be fine.

Personal statement should be fine, since a lot of people have read it and like it.

Thanks everyone!

Hello all!I have just completed my VMCAS application for this year and I am finishing up with supplemental applications.
Some background:
I applied to 4 schools last year: Davis, Western, Louisiana, Colorado. I got interviews from both Davis and Western, but then got put on wait-list and rejected later :( I have also got put on OOS wait-list for Louisiana and rejected later. Colorado rejected me, I believe, from the first round. I am applying this year again and I am terrified. I want to apply to as much schools as possible, but there are also fees and interviews fee I need to consider. So here are my choices:
Davis, Western, Minnesota, Wisconsin,Tennessee, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina State, Purdue
By the way, OOS is not a problem for me. Even though I am a US citizen, my family is not in the states. So yes, I am fine with going anywhere. Davis is still my first choice but it is so competitive. Even though I decide to apply for it again I don’t know whether I will stand a chance.
For vet & animal experience, I started out late (my 3rd year during undergraduate) so I understand the hours are very limited. My GRE score is really bad, especially on verbal and writing. Need not saying I don’t always perform well in interviews so that’s probably another reason why I got rejected from Davis and Western.
I really want to know where my stats places me, and are these schools good choices for me? Thanks!

GRE:

-Combining from internships in multiple small animal vet clinics + Volunteering in low cost clinics

-Volunteer in ranch and shelters. Have exposure to large animals like horses and cattles, though not extensively.

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-vet club

Employment:

eLORs:
2nd Vet letter: Short period, but worked closely with; relative strong I believe

Personal statement should be fine, since a lot of people have read it and like it.

Thanks everyone!

Actually, your stats are pretty good.

UCD has told us that they no longer considered our applications after granting interviews. Basically they took the top 200 applicants, and from there ONLY selected based upon the interviews.
So, you being rejected by Davis had nothing to do with your stats. That's just where you fell with your interview scores :/ When you say that you don't know if you would stand a chance, trust me when I say that you DO have a chance, because you made it last year! Polish up your interview skills a bit, and I bet you'll make it :)

Now, that being said. Just to make sure that you do still end up in that top 200, I would get more experience and raise that verbal score.

Maybe my recommenders are mostly weird (or insanely busy), but last year and this year, I've drafted the recommendations for TWO of my people, both veterinarians (my grad program director/professor and a former supervisor with the USDA).

I think that's something people should keep in mind if they feel that a person may write a "weak" LoR. Offer to provide them with a draft that the recommender can edit/change to his/her liking. I'm of the opinion that if a person is willing to help you, they won't write a BAD recommendation, but they may not have the time or experience to write an AWESOME recommendation.

Actually, whenever I need a professional/academic recommendation anymore I offer to provide a draft that covers all the materials I feel (or know) need to be covered. People are very appreciative of this approach.

Also, it hugely improves turn-around time.;)

For the record, because I probably have some undiagnosed social/developmental disorder, I cannot, for the life of me, accurately judge how people perceive me. It can be difficult but I don't necessarily see it as a detriment to my future success. Also, people lie just to save face and look polite. They may hate your guts in private, but publicly shower you with compliments. This is part of why people suck and mostly why asking for recommendations sucks. (I should move that to the rant board.)

Some background:

GRE:

Extra-Curriculars:
Pre-vet club

Employment:

eLORs:

Thanks everyone!

I don't know where your stats place you for this year, but if you don't get in this go-around, here are suggestions for next time:

1) Get more vet experience. 400 hours isn't unreasonable, but it's low. Especially for a candidate with an average GPA.

2) I almost never say this, because the research says people don't really improve GRE scores much without significant effort, but .. I'd consider retaking and working really hard to improve the GRE scores.

3) Call the schools that reject you and talk to them very specifically about why. Ask them what they would have liked to see. You mention that your PS is good because people seem to like it - but have you heard that from someone whose opinion matters? Like someone in admissions at a vet school?

4) Extra-curriculars ... you really don't have more? There's got to be something else. If not, start now and get involved in <something>. Teach kids soccer. Become a swim instructor. Volunteer at a food shelf. Take a leadership position in some club at school. Whatever. Don't limit your thinking to just extracurricular activities at school.

5) Make sure all your eLORs are "strong", not just "relatively strong I think". You should *know* what they're saying and know that it's a strong affirmation of your application.

6) If you have difficulty interviewing, practice. Find a friend to interview you. Talk to your college; many colleges have people to that will do practice interviews. Worst case, find sample questions online, buy somebody a cup of coffee, and have them sit there and ask you questions and critique how you answer.

Good luck!

Hey, everyone! I'm applying for the first time this summer (ahhhhhh!), and I'm getting pretty nervous! I know that I've got some weak areas, but I've got my fingers crossed! I'll be applying to Davis (in state), UPenn (they apparently have a good relationship with my school), Mizzou, Tufts, Edinburgh, maybe Florida/Ohio/Tennessee.

21 years old, female, California resident

Degrees (will have as of May 2014):
B.S. in Biology, Washington and Lee University

Cum GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.3

I know that these are a bit low; I had a rough first semester but I've had a pretty good upward trend since then.

Veterinary Experience:
100+ wildlife vet in South Africa (rhinos, elephants, cheetah, lions, etc)
100 with a small animal surgeon in California
300+ with a mixed practice in Virginia (food/farm animal, equine, small animal)
20 with a strictly equine vet
= over 500 hours (I'm still currently volunteering, so I should have this up a bit more by the time I submit my application)

Animal Experience:
3000+ hours of riding/showing/handling/equestrian team experience
400 hours volunteering with an organization that teaches disabled children to ride
300 hours of volunteering with a humane society in California
=3700 hours

Research Experience:
500 hours of genetic research with Small-Mouth Bass; should this go under veterinary experience, since I worked with a PhD/ with animals? I'm still sort-of confused on that.

Letters of Recommendation:
Organic Professor
Veterinarian from Virginia that I've spent a lot of time shadowing
My advisor/research mentor

GRE:
Verbal: 170 (99%) Quant: 161 (83%) Writing: 5 (93%)

Other Extracurriculars:
Chi Omega sorority (3 years), Peer Tutor (3 years), First Year Orientation Committee Co-Chair (1 year), Peer Mentor (3 years), Equestrian Team (2 years), Residential Advisor (1 year), English for Speakers of Other Languages (2 years), Rho Gamma (1 year).

Work:
Biology Work/Study where I fed/cleaned the tanks of a professor's frogs and helped out with lab-work (1 year), Work/Study with the University Store where I restocked items/helped with the cash register (2 years)

Thanks! :) I can't believe that I'm finally in the process of applying!

Overall your application looks good. The more vet hours you can swing, the better, but they're nothing to sneeze at. I believe the research hours should be under "research" - there's some debate in the c/o 2018 thread, if you want to read more, though.

Hey everyone, I just took the GRE for the first time and I will be applying for fall 2014 so I am in kind of a time crunch and would like to know if I should re-take the GRE one last time.

GRE
V: 161
Q: 157

Science GPA: 3.63
Cum GPA: 3.75
Last 3 Semesters: 3.95

786 hrs vet experience (small, equine, holistic)
956 hrs animal experience (shelter, equestrian team, still volunteering at wildlife hospital)
1 research project with the Ohio State vet school

2 Ohio State University vet school professors
2 Veterinarians which I worked with

I'm worried about my quantitative score, it seems to be about average for all the schools I am applying to, which are Colorado, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn, Iowa State, Minnesota, Illinois. I guess I'm wondering if my other areas are strong enough to make up for the slightly low quantitative score.

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some opinions about my stats for my upcoming vet school application. I am applying with about a 2.95 gpa overall but 3.4 gpa in the last 60 hours of coursework. My overall is so low because my first two 1/2 years I got 2 Cs for every A I got. I just got my BS in animal science in May with biochem and chem minor and have gotten nothing but As and Bs in my last two years and in required prerequisite coursework except for a C in ochem 2 and physics 1 because they were taken during the summer and I was working 30+ hours a week as a vet tech. I have worked for over a year as a vet tech working with primarily small animals but some large animals as well and have experience helping with a large variety of surgical procedures on small and large animals as well. To make myself more competitive I got a job working as a large animal tech and have been working 30 hrs a week for about 4 months working primarily with cattle and horses and have been involved in things such as AI and embryo transfer at my job. I've taken my GRE but it was only a 155 in both math and verbal so I am retaking it before I apply but my main question is do I have a chance of getting in anywhere? My letters of rec are coming from 2 vets at different practices that both graduated number 1 in their class and the other is from one of my professors who won teacher of the decade at Auburn a while ago and they used his repro class to weed people out who were applying to that vet school which I got an A in. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some opinions about my stats for my upcoming vet school application. I am applying with about a 2.95 gpa overall but 3.4 gpa in the last 60 hours of coursework. My overall is so low because my first two 1/2 years I got 2 Cs for every A I got. I just got my BS in animal science in May with biochem and chem minor and have gotten nothing but As and Bs in my last two years and in required prerequisite coursework except for a C in ochem 2 and physics 1 because they were taken during the summer and I was working 30+ hours a week as a vet tech. I have worked for over a year as a vet tech working with primarily small animals but some large animals as well and have experience helping with a large variety of surgical procedures on small and large animals as well. To make myself more competitive I got a job working as a large animal tech and have been working 30 hrs a week for about 4 months working primarily with cattle and horses and have been involved in things such as AI and embryo transfer at my job. I've taken my GRE but it was only a 155 in both math and verbal so I am retaking it before I apply but my main question is do I have a chance of getting in anywhere? My letters of rec are coming from 2 vets at different practices that both graduated number 1 in their class and the other is from one of my professors who won teacher of the decade at Auburn a while ago and they used his repro class to weed people out who were applying to that vet school which I got an A in. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a first-time applicant, so I'm far from an expert at judging people's stats, but the one thing that sticks out to me is the 2.95 cumulative GPA. I know there are several schools out there with minimum cGPAs, so just be aware of that when applying. Also, it would be helpful to know what your science GPA (and/or Pre-Req) is and where you are considering applying. :)

Organic Professor
Veterinarian from Virginia that I've spent a lot of time shadowing
My advisor/research mentor

I don't think your stats look bad. Your GPA is a bit below average, but well within the bell curve, so no big deal. You have some really interesting things to write about, and decent diversity.

I'd consider finding another veterinary eLOR. Not necessarily ditching and of the three that you have, but another vet recommendation would help.

Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate any input/advice you'd like to give me :)

Applying this cycle (first cycle) to Western University for c/o 2018. I know it's advised against to just apply to one school, but honestly, Western's reverence for life policy is what makes me truly excited to apply there.

Female, 28
Earning a BA in Biology in Spring 2014

So....here's where it gets a bit confusing. I've attended 3 schools in my journey to get my Bachelors. The first school was just for my freshman year back in 2002-2003. I then took a 7 year break from school and then attended another school from 2010-2012 and graduated with my associate degree in Graphic Design. After obtaining my associate, I then continued onto a 4 year university, where I'll graduate in May 2014.

I'm not 100% how Western will calculate my GPA so I decided to include everything here.

Overall undergraduate GPA between all three schools: 3.16 (Unfortunately, I had absolutely no focus or determination for school my freshman year in 2002-2003).
GPA from 2010-present: 3.43
Last 45 GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.49 (I still have a few more science courses to take, so hopefully that'll go up)

GRE: 152 V, 148 Q, (I haven't received my writing score yet). I'm truly upset that my score wasn't better, since I studied for about 3 months prior to taking the test. I'm planning on retaking the GRE again in two weeks since I feel I can do much better, now that I know what to expect.

Veterinary Experience:
14 hours shadowing an equine veterinarian
250 hours shelter medicine as veterinary intern (assumed the responsibilities of a vet tech in every way; worked with dogs, cats, birds all all kinds, including ducks, geese, etc, raccoon, snakes)
10 hours zoo/wildlife - helped with x-raying a bear, monitoring a tiger's breathing and heartbeat while he was sedated, assisting in the veterinary care of a chimpanzee, and restraining sheep.
2,000 hours and counting at a SA private clinic (started shadowing, and was promoted to a paid position a few months later :) )

Animal Experience:
1,050 hours of equine/donkey experience (mucking stalls, administering meds, lunging, brushing, etc.)
10,000 hours and counting of pet sitting animals of all kinds, ranging from dogs/cats to smaller animals, such as ferrets, chinchillas, rats, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. (I administer medications when needed as well, including insulin, transdermals, pills, etc).
38 hours raising a baby duck until I could get him/her to the wildlife sanctuary.
15 hours of taking care of a baby bird that was hit by a car. (I took it to the vet I work for to get fluids and cortisone, then took it home to take care of it.)
70 hours taking care of baby chicks that had hatched in the incubator at work

Employment (over a period of 12 years):
Retail at a clothing store and toy store
Party hostess at Chuck-E-Cheese (yep, I did the dance and everything)
Day care teaching assistant
Receptionist at a gym
Self-employed as an free-lance artist/web designer
Currently, employed as a veterinary assistant/tech and running a pet-sitting service

Community:
Habitat for Humanity (built homes for single parent households)
AmeriCorps/Bonner Foundation (worked with children in abusive and poverty-stricken homes, mentoring and tutoring them).
Traveled down to SC to rebuild dilapidated homes
Volunteered as a TA for an elementary school teacher. (I also tutored children with special needs).
Donated my artwork to multiple animal rescue organizations to auction off to raise money for their expenses

Awards:
AmeriCorps Educational Award
Nets and Devils Scholarship/Award
President's List twice
Founder's Award
The Charlotte Newcombe Award

eLORs:
Veterinarian (owner) - From SA private clinic that I'm employed at (very strong)
Veterinarian (associate) - From SA private clinic I'm employed at (I would assume strong...I hope :eek: )
Veterinarian - From shelter (very, very strong)
Pastor - Has known me since I was 3 years old; is a mentor to me (very very strong)

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Last edited:
10,000 hours and counting of pet sitting animals of all kinds, ranging from dogs/cats to smaller animals, such as ferrets, chinchillas, rats, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. (I administer medications when needed as well, including insulin, transdermals, pills, etc).

How accurate is that number? I realize it might be 100% accurate, but it sounds like a lot, like over a year of 24 hours a day sitting. Are you counting full days you watch pets, or just hours you are actually taking care of them? Because I believe the latter is a better representation. Also, I wouldn't want vet school to sit here like I am thinking "that looks unrealistic". Again it could be accurate, and I'm not trying to say you aren't being truthful, it just looks like a very large number.

Thanks, everyone! I'm definitely sending out an application to Florida and I'll ask about getting another vet letter of recommendation :)

Hey guys, I read these posts a lot and would love to hear what you all think about my chances! I am applying to UF (in state) UGA (I know it's a long shot but I go to undergrad here I I would love to stay so I have to try), Ohio State, Edinburgh, Glasgow

22/F
graduating in May with a degree in biological sciences

cumulative GPA: 3.90
Last 45 GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.92

GRE: 158 V, 159 Q, 4.0 writing

Veterinary Experience: - definitely my weak point- about 575 hours total
150 Hours with SA vet as a tech basically- very hands on experience
150 Hours with SA vet shadowing- little experience but saw diverse things
85 hours equine vet- ambulatory
60 hours equine surgery center
55 hours equine vet (a different one in same practice)- ambulatory
30 hours- trip to nicaragua- mostly small animal, some horses and pigs
40 hours SA vet- doing internship now and will have about 100 more hours gained this semester

Animal Experience:
1000 hours working at my horse barn in high school
400 hours fostering puppies
15 hours working at therapeutic riding facility
10 hours- entered in horse show last year on campus
50 hours at cat rescue from high school

Employment:
worked in a lab for a year doing DNA research on plants and building RNA libraries (random I know, but its the only paid job I found in a lab)

Community:
Tutor at after school program for underprivileged children- done this for the past three years
Pre-vet club- 2 years
equine research on rider weight distribution- about 50 hours

Awards:
Study abroad scholarship
deans list and presidential scholar

eLORs:
- SA vet where I got the most hands on experience- should be very strong
- equine vet- ambulatory
- nutrition professor/study abroad professor

I also did a summer study abroad in France, I am not sure if that really means anything. I want to go into equine medicine as well. Thank you so much for all your advice!

How accurate is that number? I realize it might be 100% accurate, but it sounds like a lot, like over a year of 24 hours a day sitting. Are you counting full days you watch pets, or just hours you are actually taking care of them? Because I believe the latter is a better representation. Also, I wouldn't want vet school to sit here like I am thinking "that looks unrealistic". Again it could be accurate, and I'm not trying to say you aren't being truthful, it just looks like a very large number.

I really appreciate you bringing that to my attention :) I've been pet sitting since I was 13 (about 15 years) but I've only counted the hours I've accumulated since I was 18 (I'm 28 now). I've been very blessed with having a successful pet sitting/dog walking service so I average about 25-30 hours a week. I'll be sure, however, to mention how many years I've been pet sitting/dog walking when I mention my hours, so that the people reviewing my application don't think it's unrealistic. I really appreciate your input! Thank you very much, Dalmatiandoc17 :)

I've been very blessed with having a successful pet sitting/dog walking service so I average about 25-30 hours a week.

If by some chance you actually functioned as a legal business, I'd be sure to note that somehow/somewhere in your application, since it would make you a small-business owner with experience running one.

There's nothing wrong with applying to only one school. It even gives you one (maybe minor, maybe not) advantage - you can focus your personal statement on why you want to be at that particular school. That's a big step up from the generic "why I want to be a vet" type of content to which most personal statements are necessarily constrained.

If by some chance you actually functioned as a legal business, I'd be sure to note that somehow/somewhere in your application, since it would make you a small-business owner with experience running one.

There's nothing wrong with applying to only one school. It even gives you one (maybe minor, maybe not) advantage - you can focus your personal statement on why you want to be at that particular school. That's a big step up from the generic "why I want to be a vet" type of content to which most personal statements are necessarily constrained.

Excellent advice! Thank you so much, LetItSnow :) I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to include both of the things you mentioned.

I know I've posted a few times already, but I just got my GRE scores, so wanted to update my stats and see if anyone else has any advice. I'm extremely nervous about applying and I don't think I'm competitive enough with my really poor cGPA and sciGPA, but I wanted to get my feet wet anyways. These scores are based off of TMDSAS and the bold numbers are my own calculations factoring in replacement grades. All GPAs include undergrad + grad + post bacc courses.

Me: 25 y/o, non-trad, female, Texas resident
Graduated in May with a Master's in Epidemiology (very science heavy)
cGPA: 3.34 (3.47)
sciGPA: 3.13 (3.26)
Last 45: 3.92 (4.0 for Michigan)
GRE: 163 V (91%), 156 Q (65%), 4.0 A (54%)

Vet experience:
5,080 (and counting) hrs. in small animal medicine (dogs/cats)
570 hrs. in wildlife/exotics (white-tailed, axis deer, emu, ostrich, tortoises)
425 hrs. in large animal/equine
32 hrs. in food production
120 hrs. exotics (mainly pet birds)

Animal experience:
~7,050 cattle (worked summers/winters at my grandfather's beef ranch)
~2,620 equine (father breed/trained cutting horses)
~400 equine (trained yearlings, mucked stalls, cared for stable horses)
~2,200 paid pet-sitting (cats)
~1,400 foster (cats and dogs)
~800 reptile (volunteered at a reptile sanctuary)
230 avian (volunteering at a bird rehab clinic on Sundays)
80 wildlife (collected brain stem samples from white-tailed deer, bottle fed white-tailed deer, night shift)
I know there are rules on quantifying pet ownership, so I haven't included any of that. I have owned (or currently own) dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, reptiles, fish, horses, rats, hamsters, and rabbits.

Other experience:
100 hours as a collegiate tutor
150 hours as an advocate for people with disabilities
300 hours as an after-school mentor (K-3rd grade)
Gave presentations on responsible pet ownership/show-and-tell for a summer camp for kids with disabilities (6 2-hour sessions)
Volunteer at the Deaf Action Center weekly; learning ASL
Volunteer for a wildlife hotline on Sundays, 3 hour shift (is this animal experience?)
Currently bottle-feeding two orphaned kittens

Applying to: Texas A&M (IS), Ohio State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State. I've considered Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Purdue, but I just don't think I have what it takes to make it into those schools as an OOS-er, though I love the programs. I've also considered international, but with the pets I have and the lack of money and support...it just doesn't seem feasible right now. :(

My personal statement focuses on how I decided on vet med and what path within the field that I decided to take (public health). I intend to touch on why my undergraduate performance was so poor and how I've grown, matured, and learned from past mistakes. I've been told to emphasize the progress I've made in the past two years and show that I can handle a heavy course load and do well (was taking 13-18 credit hours during my Master's while working full-time, completing an internship, and volunteering). It is my plan to apply to the CDC's EIS program after graduation from vet school (if I ever get in) and would ultimately like to work at the NCEZID doing disease outbreak investigation.

Thanks for reading!

I know I've posted a few times already, but I just got my GRE scores, so wanted to update my stats and see if anyone else has any advice. I'm extremely nervous about applying and I don't think I'm competitive enough with my really poor cGPA and sciGPA, but I wanted to get my feet wet anyways. These scores are based off of TMDSAS and the bold numbers are my own calculations factoring in replacement grades. All GPAs include undergrad + grad + post bacc courses.

Vet experience:

Animal experience:
80 wildlife (collected brain stem samples from white-tailed deer, bottle fed white-tailed deer, night shift)
I know there are rules on quantifying pet ownership, so I haven't included any of that. I have owned (or currently own) dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, reptiles, fish, horses, rats, hamsters, and rabbits.

Other experience:
Gave presentations on responsible pet ownership/show-and-tell for a summer camp for kids with disabilities (6 2-hour sessions)
Volunteer for a wildlife hotline on Sundays, 3 hour shift (is this animal experience?)

Applying to: Texas A&M (IS), Ohio State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State. I've considered Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Purdue, but I just don't think I have what it takes to make it into those schools as an OOS-er, though I love the programs. I've also considered international, but with the pets I have and the lack of money and support...it just doesn't seem feasible right now. :(

My personal statement focuses on how I decided on vet med and what path within the field that I decided to take (public health). I intend to touch on why my undergraduate performance was so poor and how I've grown, matured, and learned from past mistakes. I've been told to emphasize the progress I've made in the past two years and show that I can handle a heavy course load and do well (was taking 13-18 credit hours during my Master's while working full-time, completing an internship, and volunteering). It is my plan to apply to the CDC's EIS program after graduation from vet school (if I ever get in) and would ultimately like to work at the NCEZID doing disease outbreak investigation.

Thanks for reading!

Unless something has changed in their admission's process, you should give OK another look. They like TX residents. They seem to like people with advanced degrees / nontraditional applicants with lots of experience. And they aren't super heavy on the GPA. I got in with a GPA lower than yours, and no Master's degree.

Michigan, from what I recall, weights GPA pretty heavily in calculating their SIS score. The formula is out there somewhere if you want to see where you stand with them. Only people with a SIS score above a certain number will be invited to fill out the supplemental app / interview/ etc.

Vet experience:

Animal experience:

Other experience:

Thanks for reading!

I just ran your stats through the sis calculator and you have a 920, which is pretty good. Looks like you have a ton of experience and already have an MPH. I think you have a great shot at Michigan State. Let me know if you have any questions about the school.

Unless something has changed in their admission's process, you should give OK another look. They like TX residents. They seem to like people with advanced degrees / nontraditional applicants with lots of experience. And they aren't super heavy on the GPA. I got in with a GPA lower than yours, and no Master's degree.

Michigan, from what I recall, weights GPA pretty heavily in calculating their SIS score. The formula is out there somewhere if you want to see where you stand with them. Only people with a SIS score above a certain number will be invited to fill out the supplemental app / interview/ etc.

I believe I calculated a Pre-Req GPA of 2.98 for OK State. I didn't see what else they factored, grade wise, into admissions, so that is the reason I bumped it from my list. :\ My Pre-Req GPAs kind of vary from school to school. Ohio State accepts more humanities courses, which helps me out and Mississippi State will be considering my Biostatistics and Epidemiology courses as science, which also helps. That, and my Last 45 is strong which all schools I plan on applying to consider. Do you know if OK State does that as well?

I just ran your stats through the sis calculator and you have a 920, which is pretty good. Looks like you have a ton of experience and already have an MPH. I think you have a great shot at Michigan State. Let me know if you have any questions about the school.

Donna Grooms calculated my SIS at an 896 due to my low Pre-Req Science GPA...which is different from the sciGPA listed above. My science GPA is definitely my weakest point, though I am highly confident that I can handle the rigors of a science-based curriculum. It's just going to be hard to back that up...My plan is to try and do a year of all science courses if I don't get in. Just finding the time and money will be the issue since I'm a non-trad. But I know plenty of people have done it and succeeded, so I will too if need be. :)

Thank you both for your help!

So I posted on this forum a while ago when I first started the app process...thought I would re-post for any additional feedback

I'm applying to 8 schools (expensive, I know):
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa State, Missouri, Glasgow (UK), and Tennessee (IS, but would prefer OOS)

Here's my some of stats:
Gender - Male
Age - 22
Major - Animal Science
Minor - Spanish
Applicant Status - Traditional, graduating this December
Cumulative GPA - 3.80
GPA from this past year's classes - 3.73
Pre-Req GPA - 3.64 (roughly...I used Wisconsin's system to calculate it)
GRE - 154 V (62%), 146 Q (25% - FAIL :eek:), 5 AW (93%)

Veterinary and Animal Experiences
A little under 1200 hours of veterinary experience (mostly small, but a little bit of exotics and large animal), pet ownership for 11 years (don't know if that counts...? But I've owned a dog, a cockatiel, and fish), two summers of 36-40 hours a week of large animal-related research at two universities (9 weeks each), classroom experience for 3 years give or take (don't know if that counts...?), miscellaneous volunteering and short-term internship activities including companion animals, wildlife, large animals, and laboratory animals (basically pocket pets) - can't really count up all these hours cause there's quite a bit of them...but I did all the math on the VMCAS

Employment
Part-time for a summer as a Spanish translator for a small law firm

Personal Statement
I had this revised A LOT, but I'm glad to have finally finished my VMCAS. Don't really wanna shed too many details on this just yet...

Honors and Extracurriculars
  • WAY too much to list here...notable ones include Dean's List every semester, American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) Scholastic Achievement Award (x2), several scholarships including one that was part of an 8-semester scholarship program, awards from summer research presentations
  • Some of my extracurriculars include Pre-Vet Club, new student orientations (basically guiding students new to campus), study abroad in Mexico, fundraisers for pediatric cancer research and treatment, and leadership involvement with a media / video / photography team as part of a campus fellowship

eLORS
  • Two from professors who have DVMs
  • One from a professor / practicing research vet
  • One from a vet I did research for this summer

All the best to fellow c/o 2018 applicants!

:xf:

Last edited:
now that my GRE scores are final because UF's deadline is next week i wanted to post here one more time to see if anybody has any more insight into my chances

applying to Florida (IS will be second time applying there), Washington, Ohio, Virginia DEFINITELY
considering Mississippi (will be second time applying there as well), Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota

female
23 years old
traditional from Florida Atlantic University
B.S. in Biological Sciences, cum laude graduation honors
Minor in Psychology
all my GPA's are around 3.5
GRE: best of 3 times Verbal: 153 (59%), Math 152 (49%), W: 3.5 (35%)

Veterinary hours:
5600 hours small animal, most is from hospital I have been at for 7 years, about 80 is from a hospital I volunteer at once a week for the past few months
27 hours with donkey, pony, and sheep
8 hours avian and exotic
3 hours research helping with stem cell therapy for a dog

Animal:
3 hours with cows
9 hours with horses
3 hours with zoo
3 hours with marine
300 hours pet sitting dogs and cats

Employment:
100 hours at FAU bookstore
70 hours summer work at law office

Extracurricular activities
Pre Vet Club all four years
2 ocean cleanups
2 dog washes
a heart walk

Biology Club for first year it was started during my senior year
Director of Recruitment
1 ocean cleanup
a bone marrow walk
greenhouse box building

also a blood donor during college

PS
i have been told by many people that is much better than last year, I do mention in one sentence that my father died during my sophomore year in college which explains for my grades not being as high

Evaluations: I know for a fact that they are all good ones because each evaluator I picked likes me a lot
Organic Chemistry teacher
Microbio teacher
1 veterinarian from small animal hospital where I work
1 from head veterinarian at small animal hospital that I volunteer at
1 from veterinarian that owns the farm that I get pony, donkey and sheep experience with

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of applying, but since my stats aren't so great I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who may have had any luck getting in with stats similar to mine, or just any feedback in general.

GPA:I have a 3.1 total GPA, but I transferred schools after my mom got sick so my cGPA is a 3.6 now. Not sure which one schools will look at more. I have around a 2.9 science GPA. I know...ochem and physics were killer :scared:

GREI took my GRE a few days ago and scored a 150 V, 153Q. Not great either, I know.

ExperienceI have around 1500 vet experience hours, and thousands of hours of animal experience in general (animal ownership, pet sitting, etc.)

Community activities/Awards: Delta Epsilon Iota, Sigma Alpha Lambda, NSCS, Pre vet club, science honor society, water polo, soccer, swimming, national honor society, national english honor society, volunteering as a sailing coach for 2 years, Florida medallion scholarship, Royal poinciana scholarship, Elsa Glazer award, and Dean's list 2 semesters.

After I moved home when my mom got sick, it really put things into perspective for me and made me mature as a person. That was the semester I made dean's list despite having to take care of her. I realize my GPA isn't so great, and I only have myself to blame for that, but I don't think I was mature enough yet back then. Anyway, I want to know what my chances are of actually getting into one of these schools (besides the international ones I'm applying to.) I'd really love to stay in the states for school. Here are the schools I applied to:

CSU, Illinois, Mississippi, VMRCVM, UF, KSU, UGA, Penn, Wisconsin, Washington State, Ross, St. George's. (I'm a Florida resident)

Hey Las,

It's tough to say what any given admissions committee might say. In some respects, it's like comparing apples and oranges, especially when it comes to life history. We do have a thread stickied at the top of the forum where people ask questions similar to yours and you can see what other people have said. We also have the 'successful applicants' thread every year where people post theirs stats, history and where they got accepted. Use the search function and it should pop up easily.

With regards to your chances, you are within the ballpark. You will need to have strong letters of reference to support you in addition to an excellent personal statement. I would suggest having one of your 5 letters come from someone who knows your academic ability and can shore up that part of your application. Other than that, continue to do well in school and apply intelligently (i.e. find out how schools weigh academics in their formula and choose the ones that favor you).

Hey y'all!!! Long time lurker here finally decided to give it a go! Just submitted my TMDSAS application yesterday and took my GRE again last week, whew! So now I have around 4 months of anxious waiting. :eek: This will be my second time applying although the first time was a really last minute mess, I'll admit. Only applying to TAMU this time around because that is my dream school and I don't think I have good enough stats to be competitive OOS. Thanks to anyone for any advice! Here are my stats:

23, female, second time applicant, Texas resident
B.S. in Biology December 2012
Magna Cum Laude
cGPA: 3.89
science GPA: 3.84
last 45 GPA: 3.95
GRE: first time- Q-153, V-160, A- 4.5
second time- Q-156, V-162, A-? but not as good as first time I'm sure

Honors/Awards:
Dean's List 8 consecutive semesters
President's List 2 semesters of senior year
Magna Cum Laude
San Antonio Livestock Exposition scholarship 2 years

Vet Experience:
Assistant SA clinic ~450 hours
Assistant/technician MA clinic ~1200 hours (and counting!)

Animal Experience:
Animal ownership - 100 hours (can only count 100 on TMDSAS application)
Pet/Farm sitting ~550 hours
Farm hand/horse handler at horse farm ~1200 hours
Horseback riding instructor ~75 hours

Extracurricular/Activities:
Children's ministry volunteer ~320 hours
Bible study leader ~25 hours
Sunday school teacher ~75 hours
Boarding stable volunteer ~35 hours
Vacation Bible school volunteer ~20 hours

Letters of Recommendation: can only give 3 for TAMU
1 SA vet at first clinic (should be very positive)
1 MA vet who is the owner of second clinic (should be very strong)
1 MA vet who is associate at second clinic (should be very strong)

My PS should be fine. Thank you to all the lovely people on this board who read it for me and offered me advice :). Whew, it really doesn't look like much when you type it all out in this short space! I'm nervous that although my GPA is fine, my lackluster GRE scores will hurt me. TAMU weighs GPA/GRE very heavily I know. Also, I'm nervous that my lack of breadth in my veterinary experience will not be helpful either. I was very focused undergrad on my school work and really didn't convince myself until my junior year that veterinary medicine was my calling. Therefore, I have really had to scramble this past year to get vet experience.

Thanks for looking and good luck to all 2018 applicants!!!

My PS should be fine. Thank you to all the lovely people on this board who read it for me and offered me advice :). Whew, it really doesn't look like much when you type it all out in this short space! I'm nervous that although my GPA is fine, my lackluster GRE scores will hurt me. TAMU weighs GPA/GRE very heavily I know. Also, I'm nervous that my lack of breadth in my veterinary experience will not be helpful either. I was very focused undergrad on my school work and really didn't convince myself until my junior year that veterinary medicine was my calling. Therefore, I have really had to scramble this past year to get vet experience.

Thanks for looking and good luck to all 2018 applicants!!!

your verbal score is like 82nd %tile... that's not exactly lackluster. that's actually pretty good.

and, with those numbers, if you applied smart, you could definitely be competitive OOS.

your verbal score is like 82nd %tile... that's not exactly lackluster. that's actually pretty good.

and, with those numbers, if you applied smart, you could definitely be competitive OOS.

I was about to agree with this. I had similar GRE scores, a much lower cGPA (3.5) and sciGPA (3.2-3.4), about the same experience (about 3000 hours total vet/animal experience), and I was accepted to three out of six schools I applied to, two of which are OOS.

If you apply to OOS schools that don't weigh admission as heavily on GRE scores, I'd say you have a good shot.

I was about to agree with this. I had similar GRE scores, a much lower cGPA (3.5) and sciGPA (3.2-3.4), about the same experience (about 3000 hours total vet/animal experience), and I was accepted to three out of six schools I applied to, two of which are OOS.

If you apply to OOS schools that don't weigh admission as heavily on GRE scores, I'd say you have a good shot.

Thank y'all for your vote of confidence :) Time is about out for this cycle, but if I don't get in this cycle, I will definitely apply to OOS schools next cycle. Anybody know how competitive/noncompetitive I will be for this cycle for TAMU with those stats? I really, really want to attend TAMU more than any other school due to cost, location, school characteristics, etc. If only I had gone there for undergrad.......:(

You should get a letter from a veterinarian.

Thank y'all for your vote of confidence :) Time is about out for this cycle, but if I don't get in this cycle, I will definitely apply to OOS schools next cycle. Anybody know how competitive/noncompetitive I will be for this cycle for TAMU with those stats? I really, really want to attend TAMU more than any other school due to cost, location, school characteristics, etc. If only I had gone there for undergrad.......:(

As an A&M applicant, I can tell you that you are very competitive. I would be stunned if you didn't get an interview invite. I would do despicable things to have your stats. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.