Recommendation from DOs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CerealQueen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello~

Living in Washington state, I feel almost hopeless that I could find a DO who's willing to let me shadow him/her and write me a recommendation letter. I'm still waiting for a call from couple DOs I called...

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time getting in touch with a nice DO doc who can spend some time with you. :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Try calling a hospital. I know some of them have an education staff, and they are more than willing to set people up with doctors to shadow, just ask for a DO.
hope it helps!

I had the very same troubles you are having and I was located in a big city (D.C). I finally went to the AOA website and looked up the district officers in my area. I emailed him and then called his office. He said he would meet with me for an interview but he doesnt allow premeds to shadow. I faxed him my application essay, some secondary essays before we meet. We talked for about an hour and he wrote my recommendation from that meeting.

So I would approach them that way and see if they would meet with you. While you are there you could ask about shadowing. DOnt give up. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your responses! :D
I'm actually surprised at how fast they came and how helpful they are.
I shall keep trying~ ;)