2010-2011 University of Buffalo (SUNY) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Yay - received the secondary email today. I'm filling it out right now, but haven't encountered any essays yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished the secondary. There are no essays to write for the supplemental app for Buffalo. It took all of 2 minutes before I submitted it.

Dear Buffalo,

I love your secondary.

Thanks.

Nope - no essays - but they seem a little too eager to get the $65.

My first secondary finished :) yay!!

easiest secondary. now if only they were all going to be that easy...

Nope - no essays - but they seem a little too eager to get the $65.

My first secondary finished :) yay!!
THIS

Yea, I'm curious to see how many of the applicants they just invited for the money

"As an undergraduate, have you ever worked in, or are currently working in a research laboratory?"

for this question, would you put Yes or No if you've done clinical research (in a hospital) but not basic science research in a research laboratory?

"As an undergraduate, have you ever worked in, or are currently working in a research laboratory?"

for this question, would you put Yes or No if you've done clinical research (in a hospital) but not basic science research in a research laboratory?

If it's research, and you did it in a laboratory setting, I think you can put yes. So your clinical research will probably be fine. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Buffalo one of the med schools that give you an on the spot essay during your interview?

THIS

Yea, I'm curious to see how many of the applicants they just invited for the money

They offer secondaries to every applicant, so everyone who applies to UB must pay the additional $65. But, this is extremely cheap compared to most other secondaries.

Is Buffalo one of the med schools that give you an on the spot essay during your interview?

Yes. During lunch, while the second years you get to talk to are eating (and you're STARVING) and talking to eachother across the room and moving furniture. They really do try to make it as stressful as possible. Completely random topic too. I've heard about essays ranging from "Why are manhole covers round?" to (the one I got this past year) "What does empathy mean to you?". Knowing about it really doesn't help too much though, sorry to say.

Hm, nice of me to submit now, when I'm not able to do the payment since their hours of operation don't include 11 on a Saturday night, lol...Has anyone else had to wait to pay?

Unlike last year Buffalo is not doing the random review this year.

What's random review, if you don't mind me asking?
It meant that there was no correlation between completion date and review date (and thereby interview date). So you could be complete 7/1 and not get reviewed till April. Thankfully, they aren't doing that this year.

Is anyone complete on the applicant status webpage? I submitted over a week ago and it still says "No" for "Application Complete".

Is anyone complete on the applicant status webpage? I submitted over a week ago and it still says "No" for "Application Complete".

Mine says complete, but I literally submitted mine on the first day they came out.

I wonder when they will start sending out invites..... :xf:

Its weird .. I got an email saying I'm complete, but when I log in to the website, it still says otherwise .. hmm

For question 5, are we supposed to change that answer to "yes" saying we do realize that conviction of a felony may preclude licensure in some states? I don't get why they have "no" as the default answer

For question 5, are we supposed to change that answer to "yes" saying we do realize that conviction of a felony may preclude licensure in some states? I don't get why they have "no" as the default answer

that's what i did

Anyone know if we can send more than 3 LORS? I would like to send a 4th research letter.

Just submitted the secondary but the status website says not received. Does it take some time?

Just submitted the secondary but the status website says not received. Does it take some time?

I got an email from them that said I was complete, but it still said "Application Complete: No" on their status website .. so I'm assuming there might be a little delay with the website

that's what i did

Yeah, seems odd. Was just making sure that is what they are asking, and I read it correctly... don't want to accidentally say I'm guilty of anything I'm not.

So I filled out the Verification Statement (the secondary application) and it said it was submitted. Then it proceeded to the payment page but wouldn't let me pay because it wasn't during business hours.

What do I do? In order to get to the payment page, I would have to fill out the Verification Statement AGAIN. But wouldn't that be submitting my application twice?? I really don't want to cause any confusion or delay with my application!! :scared:

Anybody have this problem?? I emailed admissions, but I don't know how long it will take them to respond.

I submitted at the beginning of July and have been complete for weeks. Does everyone else in this situation still show:

"Status: No Action"?

sounds so passive :oops: haha

I submitted at the beginning of July and have been complete for weeks. Does everyone else in this situation still show:

"Status: No Action"?

sounds so passive :oops: haha

Yeah I submitted the first day and I still have "no action."
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

So I filled out the Verification Statement (the secondary application) and it said it was submitted. Then it proceeded to the payment page but wouldn't let me pay because it wasn't during business hours.

What do I do? In order to get to the payment page, I would have to fill out the Verification Statement AGAIN. But wouldn't that be submitting my application twice?? I really don't want to cause any confusion or delay with my application!! :scared:

Anybody have this problem?? I emailed admissions, but I don't know how long it will take them to respond.

bump! I really hope this doesn't delay my application!!

bump! I really hope this doesn't delay my application!!

call them, or e-mail the admissions guy (I'm forgetting his name right). According to some friends and colleagues who applied last year, they are very quick to answer your calls and e-mails. There's probably another way through the UB website to find your outstanding bills, since the payment client was the same website/system we use to pay tuition and such, just this time the form said "md admissions" or something along those lines. Though I don't know how you'd find that without a UB person number.

call them, or e-mail the admissions guy (I'm forgetting his name right). According to some friends and colleagues who applied last year, they are very quick to answer your calls and e-mails. There's probably another way through the UB website to find your outstanding bills, since the payment client was the same website/system we use to pay tuition and such, just this time the form said "md admissions" or something along those lines. Though I don't know how you'd find that without a UB person number.

Yeah, I emailed the admissions guy on Friday night, but I figure I'd try to find out if anyone else on SDN has encountered this problem, since he probably won't get back to me until Monday or sometime this week.

Hopefully he'll get back to me soon :xf:. Thanks!

Complete at end of June, notified via email.

Yeah I submitted the first day and I still have "no action."

Buffalo reviews applicatons "randomly" it doesn't matter when you submit. Last year there were ppl who submitted in June and interviewed in March.

Last edited:
Buffalo reviews applicatons "randomly" it doesn't matter when you submit. Last year there were ppl who submitted in June and interviewed in March.

Buffalo is no longer doing random review.

Hey! Who forgot to send me my invite today?!? :(

Alas, I guess I'll just have to wait a lil bit longer.

:luck:

Do you know how long it takes up to update the status page after you submit and pay? I did it yesterday and it's all 'No' right now.

Do you know how long it takes up to update the status page after you submit and pay? I did it yesterday and it's all 'No' right now.

Don't worry, I had the same thing happen. They updated it a few days after I submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.