2010-2011 University of Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm an undergrad at this school - if you have any questions, pm me...

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how long it takes for them to verify IS residency? I sent in all my secondary stuff a week ago, hoping to hear from them soon. Good luck, everyone!

btw, anyone else here go to UNR?

Yeah, I go to UNR. No clue how long they take to verify, I haven't submitted lol.
do you know if the advising center still gives out mock interviews? it sucks that we don't have an official pre-med adviser here...

do you know if the advising center still gives out mock interviews? it sucks that we don't have an official pre-med adviser here...
No clue. The business department gives out "mock interviews" but they're not actually that -- don't do it. If you're in the honors program, Eve was kind enough to help me out with a mock interview and it really helped.

does anyone know how long it takes for them to verify IS residency? I sent in all my secondary stuff a week ago, hoping to hear from them soon. Good luck, everyone!

btw, anyone else here go to UNR?
HI -I go to UNR. I know this is a month after your post but I just started on SDN

No clue. The business department gives out "mock interviews" but they're not actually that -- don't do it. If you're in the honors program, Eve was kind enough to help me out with a mock interview and it really helped.
You can get a mock interview with Pat Wilson -she was let go (budget cuts) but now she is back part-time with the college of science and advising premeds through the college of science. She did a mock interview for my friend last year and he got in -he said that she was a big help.

Hope this helps...Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can get a mock interview with Pat Wilson -she was let go (budget cuts) but now she is back part-time with the college of science and advising premeds through the college of science. She did a mock interview for my friend last year and he got in -he said that she was a big help.

Hope this helps...Good luck to everyone!

I see you were in the AMSA meeting yesterday... are you going to the conference tomorrow?

Pat Wilson is not very useful as a premed advisor. She's a very nice lady and all, but there's a reason she's "a pat on the back." Pat Romney in the UNSOM office is a GREAT advisor and is willing to help, too.

Also, just so everyone knows, they've started giving out interviews.

Hey guys - how many essays on the secondary?

I see you were in the AMSA meeting yesterday... are you going to the conference tomorrow?

Pat Wilson is not very useful as a premed advisor. She's a very nice lady and all, but there's a reason she's "a pat on the back." Pat Romney in the UNSOM office is a GREAT advisor and is willing to help, too.

Also, just so everyone knows, they've started giving out interviews.
actually, I am one of the officers and have already been to this particular conference 2 times so I am not going this time :)

I can understand where you are coming from with Pat Wilson -I have had a similar experience and yes Pat Romney is AMAZING but Pat Wilson is great for giving mock interviews. I do not know of anyone else who does that at least on campus.

actually, I am one of the officers and have already been to this particular conference 2 times so I am not going this time :)

I can understand where you are coming from with Pat Wilson -I have had a similar experience and yes Pat Romney is AMAZING but Pat Wilson is great for giving mock interviews. I do not know of anyone else who does that at least on campus.
Oh you know me quite well, but I'm not gonna post your name in this thread or anything silly--the pow day makes sense now =P.

I guess I never thought that Wilson would be good at much to be honest, but I'd totally take your word for it.

Oh you know me quite well, but I'm not gonna post your name in this thread or anything silly--the pow day makes sense now =P.

I guess I never thought that Wilson would be good at much to be honest, but I'd totally take your word for it.

Oh Ha! I just figured out who you are :) Good luck on everything! Have you had your interview yet?

Can I ask what type of questions they asked on the interview? I've got one coming up in a couple weeks so I want to be prepared.

Can I ask what type of questions they asked on the interview? I've got one coming up in a couple weeks so I want to be prepared.

"Tell me about a time when you didn't hold up your end of a bargain." "tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision" "tell me about a time when... blah blah blah abstract pointless bs"

several "tell me about the EC that fulfills this premed 'arbitrary ec requirement' experience." questions

Weird... I guess they offer interview invites pre-secondary completion? I just got an email from them today offering me an interview and I have not even looked at their secondary yet. To be honest I am withdrawing my application, I just thought it was interesting that they offer interviews without a completed application.

Weird... I guess they offer interview invites pre-secondary completion? I just got an email from them today offering me an interview and I have not even looked at their secondary yet. To be honest I am withdrawing my application, I just thought it was interesting that they offer interviews without a completed application.
Yeah I did the same thing, but went to the interview first lol. Actually almost all the people they interviewed in the first two weeks hadn't submitted secondary lol.

They rejected me because of my AP credits :(

Any acceptances from UNSOM yet?

They rejected me because of my AP credits :(

Any acceptances from UNSOM yet?

The first acceptances will be going out around Jan 15 and then the 15th of every month after that until March or April.

Does anyone know if letters are being sent this Friday (01/14) since the 15th is a Saturday?

Anyone received a letter from UNSOM today? Flowrate?

Letters were sent out. I just received my acceptance!

Does anyone know how the rounds are separated? Are the groups determined by interview date, or are there other factors?

If by interview, anyone know the cut-off to be considered in Round 1?

haha nope those arent my initials. I'm an EE major so I don't think I know anyone going to UNSOM

You initials aren't LL?

I'm an engineer/honors program, too.

nope, not LL (though I think I know who you are talking about). it's AC. I'm in the honors program too..but I don't go to any of the events or anything lol.

What type of engineering are u in? I haven't met many engineers crazy enough to be a premed at the same time!

nope, not LL (though I think I know who you are talking about). it's AC. I'm in the honors program too..but I don't go to any of the events or anything lol.

What type of engineering are u in? I haven't met many engineers crazy enough to be a premed at the same time!

Oh ok, you sounded a lot like that girl who I do know haha. Don't worry, I'm not that involved with honors either.. the last honors course I took was Hist of Dance or Physics with Neil.

I'm a Chem-E. One of 12 in my graduating class lol.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they send out e-mails with acceptances or is it only snail mail?

I'm fairly certain that not only is it snail mail, but certified snail mail :)

Is today the day round 2 letters get sent? Anyone know?

They get sent out the 15th of every month so you should receive it in the mail by Wednesday if you are in state. I'm OOS so from looking at last years thread I may not hear anything till March or April. Good luck all, only a few more days.

No word here.

BTW: Freo... love Breaking Benjamin!

Shame- Yeah they are incredible

Also I don't think we will hear anything until tomorrow. They only do it through certified snail mail so if they send them out today we should hear news tomorrow. I hope the news is good for all.

my anxiety is pretty high right now. I sooo hope to get good news tomorrow in the mail, i might have to figure out something to get some sleep tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.