Nucyneta ER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read the two other threads on tapentadol -

I was still curious if many are using it and should I spent the time to try and get it at our hospital.

That data seems comparable to Oxycodone - but that is industry funded research. It seems to have less side effects (industry funded stuff...).

From the other threads, some of ya' all like it.

When do you start it? First line? (if the decision to start opioids has already been made - not first line therapy....)

Members don't see this ad.

I have read the two other threads on tapentadol -

I was still curious if many are using it and should I spent the time to try and get it at our hospital.

That data seems comparable to Oxycodone - but that is industry funded research. It seems to have less side effects (industry funded stuff...).

From the other threads, some of ya' all like it.

When do you start it? First line? (if the decision to start opioids has already been made - not first line therapy....)

have not used er at all. I have prescribed regular nucynta a few times. Curious to hear other opinions

I have had good success when I can get it approved. I use it as a step up after hydro/oxycodone.

While ER is out, it is not yet at any pharmacy in my area. When I have called insurers, it's not that it is non-formulary, it isn't even listed in their formulary yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its a total b*tch to get insurance coverage for..but I have a few patients on it who seem to do pretty well with it

I have plenty of patients doing great with ER and rg Nucynta. THey get the #10 coupon for each and we then Rx. Amazing how many folks are now allergic to morphine, oxycodone, and fentanyl.