Angry Professors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nepts2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a community college student taking pre-requisite classes for pharmacy schools.

Today, I had to drop two classes - micro economy and calculus with "W" on my transcript and no refund.

Yes, I admit that I have slacked off a little and it is my fault for the result but I have to say that my professors are judgmental.

I got 100 on both my first calculus exam and midterm but when I approached my professor asking if she could write me a recommendation, but she responded with a hate in her tone that she cannot guarantee if she would, and even if she would the recommendation would not look too nice because I missed two homework.

I have visited her a multiple times (only when I know she is not busy) and had some conversations about this but I don't understand why she hates me so much? This probably doesn't make sense to you nor you might think there's a story behind it, but this is it.
I'm not hiding or holding back any story, I don't ****ing know why she is so mean to me,,

Now I have to work all over again let alone my close to $1000 getting burnt to thin air.

So, taking into an account that most, if not all, pharmacy school requires recommendations from Math and Science, after talking with the adviser and dean about my situation discreetly, I chose to drop the class now, take a summer course or fall course with a different professor (I'm not applying this year most likely).

Sorry, this post is not meant to have any questions but just writing my rants..

PS.
I realized my post became a bit long so I won't go into details about why I dropped micro economics course, but it is a similar reason as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a community college student taking pre-requisite classes for pharmacy schools.

Today, I had to drop two classes - micro economy and calculus with "W" on my transcript and no refund.

Yes, I admit that I have slacked off a little and it is my fault for the result but I have to say that my professors are judgmental.

I got 100 on both my first calculus exam and midterm but when I approached my professor asking if she could write me a recommendation, but she responded with a hate in her tone that she cannot guarantee if she would, and even if she would the recommendation would not look too nice because I missed two homework.

I have visited her a multiple times (only when I know she is not busy) and had some conversations about this but I don't understand why she hates me so much? This probably doesn't make sense to you nor you might think there's a story behind it, but this is it.
I'm not hiding or holding back any story, I don't ****ing know why she is so mean to me,,

Now I have to work all over again let alone my close to $1000 getting burnt to thin air.

So, taking into an account that most, if not all, pharmacy school requires recommendations from Math and Science, after talking with the adviser and dean about my situation discreetly, I chose to drop the class now, take a summer course or fall course with a different professor (I'm not applying this year most likely).

Sorry, this post is not meant to have any questions but just writing my rants..

PS.
I realized my post became a bit long so I won't go into details about why I dropped micro economics course, but it is a similar reason as well.

So, you dropped your course after getting 100 on both exams just because you feel a professor hates you so much? I'm sorry but that's very immature in your part. Even if she really hates you, which I'm still doubting, WHO THE HELL CARES? just get your grade and move along!

Don't you know any other science professors that can write you a letter? Two professors are just enough. And it would be nice if you know a professor who is well-known with a high rank in your college.

If I was you, I wouldn't worry about letters of recommendation more than worrying about having any more W's because two are already enough, assuming that you never had W's before.

Seems silly to drop a class that you are doing phenomenal in just because the prof won't write you a LoR.
I'm not sure that any Pharmacy school I've researched requires a LoR from a math/science instructor, but I do know that many require some kind of LoR.

With that being said, some people are weird. Base the people you choose to pursue LoR from on your personal relationship with them. Don't ask a prof just because you did well in his/her class, ask them because you have gotten to know them very well, personally. It gives the person more to write about, having gotten to know you personally. If you don't know why someone would respond so negatively to such a request, it's likely that you didn't build the proper report with them first. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
What if your professor for summer gets her class switched and you end up with the same professor who hates you.

Trust me, it was not a impulsive decision and frankly, anything above B- in non-science courses would have been acceptable for me.

For the recommendation part, some of the schools I have researched requires one from math professor and one from science professor, that leaves me a choice with taking a risk with my ex-calc professor or go back to my old statistics professor, but shamefully I didn't do so well in that class.

Either way, the whole situation has turned out this way because of me, no one to blame on,

Maybe she hated you bcuz she could see through that you were taking her class just for a letter, not actually enjoying the course. Maybe it's in your tone that she doesn't like it.

She doesn't hate you.grow up.

This.

The opener is the poster child for what happens when you're 100% book smarts and 0% street smarts.

Last edited:
So, you dropped your course after getting 100 on both exams just because you feel a professor hates you so much? I'm sorry but that's very immature in your part. Even if she really hates you, which I'm still doubting, WHO THE HELL CARES? just get your grade and move along!

I dropped my psychology class because the redneck professor pissed me off.

But to the OP, even if the professor hates you she cant do anything about the grades you earned.

I dropped my psychology class because the redneck professor pissed me off.

But to the OP, even if the professor hates you she cant do anything about the grades you earned.

Not sure if serious :rolleyes: But like you said, a professor can't do anything with the grade he/she earned. A professor might play a role if you are for example between A and A- and can choose whatever grade they want to give you. But if you are getting 100's, you shouldn't worry at all.

Not sure if serious :rolleyes: But like you said, a professor can't do anything with the grade he/she earned. A professor might play a role if you are for example between A and A- and can choose whatever grade they want to give you. But if you are getting 100's, you shouldn't worry at all.

It was when I was accounting, and he was a racist and arrogant sob.

I didn't even need the course anyway.

Anyone else have a bi*** teacher they hated?

Members don't see this ad :)
It was when I was accounting, and he was a racist and arrogant sob.

I didn't even need the course anyway.

Anyone else have a bi*** teacher they hated?

What makes you think he was racist.

Ugh, This is a well timed thread. I am not getting along so well with my speech teacher....yes, intro speech. After my speech yesterday, she said, "It's geeks like you that don't know how to talk to the rest of us." I used too much "jargon" in my speech. Big words like "protein". But even though she suggested at one point this semester that I drop her class, I won't. Why not? Because I'm not willing to lose the money I paid for this class because she doesn't like me. I'm going to enjoy my summer before pharmacy school.

For me, I tend to get along with all my professors but more with those hot female teachers....gosh, my psyc prof is so hot young girl that I can't resist looking at. I even told her in her face that I wish she was just a student like us and if she was a student, I would have gotten more personal with her.

The best thing about some young female professors is they are very good looking, intelligent, and mature than your own friends.

Ugh, This is a well timed thread. I am not getting along so well with my speech teacher....yes, intro speech. After my speech yesterday, she said, "It's geeks like you that don't know how to talk to the rest of us." I used too much "jargon" in my speech. Big words like "protein". But even though she suggested at one point this semester that I drop her class, I won't. Why not? Because I'm not willing to lose the money I paid for this class because she doesn't like me. I'm going to enjoy my summer before pharmacy school.

If she is being too much on you, you can just complain to the dean instead of her giving you headaches all semester long, unless she is the dean herself :rolleyes:

Do a lot of you have problems respecting people's authori-tay?

I have never once had a problem with any professor. I have a bachelors so I've probably had more profs than a good number of you here..... And the only ones who I've seen have problems are people who run their mouths at the professors and/or correct them. (Of course, I'm sure that isn't 100% of the cases)

I have never once had a problem with any professor. I have a bachelors so I've probably had more profs than a good number of you here..... And the only ones who I've seen have problems are people who run their mouths at the professors and/or correct them. (Of course, I'm sure that isn't 100% of the cases)

While you are right for the most part, some professors might not like you for any reason out of your control and some professors just have attitudes and are not friendly and therefore do not tolerate any mistakes. I never had a problem with any professor but just saying.

I'm sorry, but this is a silly thread. Get over yourself, you are not so important to this professor that they hate you.

haha reminds me of my speech class. Got a B on a speech because it was not interesting. It was on bacteria chemotaxis (totally interesting to me) and a flip flop speech got an A

Honestly, there are some profs that are a**es but who cares they are profs. Dont talk to them, mind your business, and study hard. You can never change an angry professor. Just like you said, no matter how rude a prof is you won't have a problem if you dont go talk to them. Its sucks, but thats life! If i dropped classes because of a prof i would have dropped all my upper level classes, and honestly i wouldn't be daft enough to get a W over something so trivial.

haha reminds me of my speech class. Got a B on a speech because it was not interesting. It was on bacteria chemotaxis (totally interesting to me) and a flip flop speech got an A

Hilarious. My speech was also on bacteria. Specifically antibiotic resistance. She didn't understand it. I tried to simplify as best as I could. Topic fail on my part. Oh well. The sad part is I have a ba in journalism, guess I am just not an effective communicator.

I had the same issue in my class. I was the only one with a science-based major, and my interests generally landed in fields that no one else cared about. I still got an A...but I had to fight for it.

I got an A on a speech about Alpacas. Its all in the delivery ;)

<--- Despite being a science guy, I would be extremely skeptical on giving a science speech. I did a speech on the Fibonacci series, but had to really tone it down on the science end of it. Our teacher warned us about getting too technical though, so maybe my prof was better?

The only prof I ever truly had a problem with was my a&p 2 prof who failed to do her job. She's the sort of person I could get along with (& fooled for 95% of the course) but she failed to actually cover the course material.

I have had a small handful of profs I didn't like personally, who didn't care for me, or whose teaching style conflicted with my learning style but I never took it personally. Either get through the class or don't but realize your prof is just a person with a job and you have to form some sort of working relationship, at least for the semester.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't drop a course just because of one mean prof. I would drop a course if the prof is doing a terrible job at teaching and I'm not learning properly. When I don't learn properly, I would get a bad mark. So that would explain my "W" on my transcript.

I think the poster should try to get back into the course and just deal with this common life problem. It will teach you to be mature.